All reviewsswedish ownerurban paulssonswedish bedsmekong rivergolf buggyadjustable bedsin townremote controlkhan riversrivers meetdinner reservationshotel ownerjunior suiteother guestswell run hotelseparate toiletfree bicycles
Reviewed 31 January 2012

This was a lovely little hotel with the best breakfast location looking over the river. The beds were very comfy, and they moved! The rooms have a Euro chalet feel, which gives a cosy feel. The best part are the staff who couldn't do enough to help. The wine reception and free flow coffee and cake were a winner too. Free bicycles, golf-cart drop offs and booking service are all lovely added extras.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

I have never left any hotel reviews until now but our stay at this hotel was so impressive that I had to leave one (for the first time). Like the previous reviews, this hotel does not just stop at ‘providing necessities’ to the customers but you can really sense that the hotel staff genuinely cares about the well-being of their guests. The impressiveness of this place comes from the small details which are meant to make the guest’s stay a pleasant one. What I was most impressed with was the hotel information booklet. It doesn’t just provide the operational facts such as check-in and breakfast hours, but they actually bothered to write down the descriptions and personal opinions (and tips) about the famous tourist spots and restaurants in Luang Prabang, and very honest ones as well. This is a must-read, especially for travellers who are not very familiar with this place. When we asked for a private van to go to Kuang Si waterfalls, not only did they professionally make an arrangement for us, but also prepared a bag of towels in case we were intending to swim in the waterfalls and water bottles as well (which we did not even ask for). In addition, I’m very particular about hygiene and cleanliness but I must say that the room was super clean. Even the bathroom floors were squeaky when we first came in. We had to check out at dawn and the day before, the receptionist asked whether we wanted a small meal prepared before departure (I’ve never seen any hotels doing this before). Since so many people have already left such rave reviews about this place I will not reiterate them anymore. There are, however, some minor improvements which could be made. I am not sure how much this applies to other rooms but we started to sense an unpleasant smell coming from the drainage/sewage in the bathroom in the evenings. It got stronger overnight and we had to deal with the foul smell when we entered the toilet every morning. We did give a feedback regarding this and the hotel staff promptly took care of the smell while cleaning the room but the smell still returned every evening regardless. That was one negative factor and it would be great if this problem could be solved. Another petty weakness I spotted was that they didn’t have cotton buds in the bathroom, although I’m sure they would’ve gotten them for us if we asked. In addition, the hairdryer they have is one of those no-brand types with only one air temperature – tepid – and my hair texture was getting rough after blow-drying. For those who are particular about this, you might want to pack your own hairdryer along. Lastly, I personally think that it would be better to replace the current curtains with those which are easier to draw and close such as blinds. There were three windows in our room which were facing our neighbour’s room and the road at the riverside and it took a bit of effort to securely cover the windows to ensure complete privacy.

Regardless, this is still one of the best hotels I’ve stayed in with one of the best service standards. Although the rates are on the pricey range compared to other accommodations in Luang Prabang, it is really worth the money spent. Their service not only makes your stay a comfortable one, but even makes your whole travel experience in Luang Prabang pleasant as well. We’ll definitely return to this hotel when we visit this place again.

1  Thank travellerpark
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We stayed here, a family of 3 adults, in two gorgeous rooms for 9 nights from 21st December, 2011. We arrived a night early, were greeted by the charming owner Urban who was hosting a drinks party in the lobby and immediately invited us to join. What a welcome!
The hotel's location is the best in Luang Prabang and the complimentary golf buggy transport service for local trips a boon - although everything is within walking distance. Breakfasts are fantastic and are taken on a newly opened pavillion on the banks of the Mekong. Great room service for drinks on your balcony or veranda, first class (and ecconomical) same day laundry service, helpful and professional staff, high standard of finish in rooms and bathrooms fresh flowers in rooms is a nice touch, and the Swedish remote control beds are to die for!
If you are planning a trip to Luang Prabang, don't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank MaireadBristol
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Great location, friendly owner and staff. Would love to go back and of course stay here again. The beds are sooooo comfy! I traveled with my 3 sisters we had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank RitaOH
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Excellent experience from the beautiful bed linens to the comfortable beds and very attentive and friendly staff. No request seems too much. Hotel will arrange whatever activities you wish and Urban the owner has excellent suggestions. He invites new guests to have wine one evening and we met some great people. Complimentary soft drinks and water in your room and tasty cake in the reception area in the afternoons. Quiet and tranquil. While we were there, people were busy tending their gardens just below the road along the banks of the Mekong. River traffic is so interesting, always something to see. I hope to go back next month before I leave SE Asia.

Room Tip: Upstairs, superior rooms or river view suites
1  Thank Gottago1950