“Good brasserie ”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Good food good wine and excellent service. A twist of 1960 colonial atmosphere in the centre of Luhang Prabang

1  Thank Renaud S
There are newer reviews for L'Elephant Restaurant

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I was told in my nearby hotel that this was the best restaurant in town. It isn't by a long stretch but it seems to have a reputation based, I presume, on past performance.

First, the positives. The staff are well trained and attentive without being in your face. My buffalo steak was very good.

After that the bad news. It's about $11 for the onion soup. $11 for some stock (average), some onions and some cheese. It's presented in the type of bowl on a plate that was used in Fawlty Towers and in every crappy hotel in England in the 80s. How this gets out of a professional kitchen is beyond me. I repeat, $11.

As I said the buffalo steak was very good. Unfortunately the rest of the main course was pretty poor. I'm pretty sure the french fries were of the frozen variety you can buy in Tesco or Carrefour for the French. And the accompanying vegetables were over cooked and tasteless. The pepper sauce didn’t taste much of anything. All of this was thrown onto the plate. My local greasy spoon could match the presentation.

I have no problem paying top dollar for food when it's worth it. This place's prices are absolutely outrageous given the laziness in presentation and preparation. It's surviving on recommendations from hotel staff who have never eaten there and people who don't know any better.

2  Thank LostInPyongyang
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I went many time a year with my client, I was order the steak cow, with hot tea, the location is in the center town.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

The Laos set menu with local flavors was just great. You will enjoy the setting. Friendly and attentive wait staff, quality and delicious food, and reasonable price.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Followed tripadviser recommendations. It didnt disappoint. Service was attentive and food was good. Quite expensive, we managed about £100 for 3 with a couple of glasses of wine.