“Scrumptious and Romantic”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 April 2015

We shared the tomato and mozzarella salad, which was delicious, one of the best I've ever had. I had the steak medallions and fries and my fiancée had the Buffalo steak with fries. Everything was so good, we were both completely satiated when we left. We were only sad it wasn't open for breakfast as we wanted to have another meal there.

There are newer reviews for L'Elephant Restaurant

Reviewed 11 April 2015

The evening we were here it was very busy. I imagine quite a lot of customers were, like us, looking for a change from SE Asian cooking. The restaurant tries to be French & charges European prices. I enjoyed everything I chose well enough but my companion felt his water buffalo steak was pub food & not gastro-pub either!

1  Thank WinstonSophie
Reviewed 7 April 2015

Very French influenced and great if you are someone who likes French food.Also has Lao dishes. A reasonable selection of wine to accompany the food. Not cheap if you go for the specials.

Reviewed 29 March 2015

This was our first night in Luang Prabang, Laos. Everyone said this was a great restaurant and the place to go in the city. Maybe it was because we were on a pre-set meal arranged by our tour company (Trailfinders) but we were tucked away in the corner and felt unwelcome. We ordered wine and it came poured out in a carafe, without the bottle. No idea if it was the wine we ordered. The food was average. Maybe we just had an unlucky experience because other people we met in the town spoke very highly of this restaurant - just not our experience!

3  Thank desthurlby
Reviewed 28 March 2015 via mobile

If you are looking for good French cuisine combined with local ingredients, this is a place to go. Be warned. The restaurant is popular so you may want to reserve a table. Service is good here and although we are usually skeptical about restaurants with an extensive menu, we weren't disappointed with our choices. Try the buffalo steak or panfried Mekong perch with a light Thai basil sauce. Both were served promptly and on plates that were heated. Delicieux!

1  Thank FNager