ZenHotels.com
Trip.com
StayForLong
Hotels.com
All reviews the nam khan river the main street great location would stay here again riverview
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 June 2020

After a couple of nights at another hotel further out of town, it was great being so centrally located for our last couple of nights in Luang Prabang. The location really is the best thing about the hotel - so close to the main street.

The bedrooms are a bit dark and tired, but the bed was comfortable and the aircon worked well. The bathroom was also a bit tired, but the shower was fine.

Breakfast wasn't the largest but it was tasty. We had a bit of a hassle being asked to move rooms after our first night - it could have been handled better by the staff.

If I got a great price, I would stay here again. But I would probably try somewhere different next time.

Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank fartoomanyusers
Reviewed 10 January 2020 via mobile

My second time at this hotel, and not disappointed at all. Some quirks (ordering your breakfast the night before? I’m a more impulsive orderer!)
On arrival I discovered I booked a twin (my error), they very quickly fixed it up the next day by changing our bed layout around to make a very large King size.
Simply awesome location, convenient to everything.
Good water pressure (which can be an issue in LPB), and convenient laundry service (15,000 kip a kg - a premium on roadside options, but worth it for the ease of use).
Lovely spot - will be back (again)

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2019

Staff were friendly.I stayed there at least 3 times. Last time I've booked from February,specified for the room that we need but we can't get the room we've booked. They give our room to others and don't give us a good explanation. We was arguing with them. One thing was very very disappointed to guest like us that is a manager. He is not Laos and he not polite to guests. May be he think we not understand English.
Anyway he's not polite , he denied everything like it's our fault. I don't know how to explain because I also work in tour and travel business and I also do the hotel business. One important thing that is a qualification of the manager is services mind. He must have. Customers is not the King anymore we already know by now. But he should do the other thing better that we faced.
Saynamkhan riverview hotel made us impressive with Laos at 1st time we visited Laung brabang and we will attended to stay with them every time we go there.
But now the manager was destroying all the impression

We don't need any reply from Saynamkhan riverview anymore because they let's us to walk away on checking in date. It shouldn't happened.
Don't make a good image by reply with good explanation or anything.

Best regards

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2019

The hotel's central location is its major asset. My two night-stay was unfortunately marred by a number of electricity breakdowns.

Toilet is in need of an upgrade. Toiletries are basic ie shampoo and bar soap.

Set Western breakfast (an Asian option is available too) consists of eggs, toasted bread and croissant, mixed fruit, orange juice and coffee / tea.

Airport transfer is reliable.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Aaron C
saynamkhan, Propriétaire at Saynamkhan River View, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2019

Dear,
Thank you to stay with us, we are sorry for the electricity problem in our city. Its happen 2 days for fews hour on a morning The electricity compagnie work hard to try to improve, we are not a rich country and try to do our best to give you a nice times to visit our old unesco city. Hope to see you again.
All the best
Saynamkhan team

Reviewed 26 August 2019

One of the most beautyfull and friendly places we stayed in Laos. Everything was perfect. The room was beautyfull and had everything you could possibly need. It was clean, great location and verry helpfull people.

Room tip: Choose a room with terrace
Date of stay: July 2019