Priceline
Trip.com
StayForLong
Hotels.com
All reviews the nam khan river the main street great location would stay here again riverview
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 May 2012 via mobile

Disgusting place! Don't be fooled by the picture, we were put in the wooden Addams family style house with no protection from the outside! The room was designed in 1972 (by the look of it) and it was FULL of lines of ants running around the bath!
An old dirty pair of flip flops and we were told they were for our use!
We were given a voucher to walk about 5 minutes up the road to be served a slice of bread and a bowl of melon!
Oh and the big lizards running around inside the room made it very difficult to sleep! It might be due to the big holes in the wooden walls!
We also saw an employee looking in our room when we were in there and he quickly ran away when he saw us! There are no safes in the room so we've had to carry everything with us everywhere we go!
I haven't even left, this place creeps me out I'm scared to go asleep and I'm writing this review from my bed! We asked to be moved but they wouldn't and we booked the deluxe room! We found nicer accomodation around the corner for the same price and will be leaving tomorrow morning!
A gecko has just started making noise behind my head! Seriously! This place CREEPS me out! Both staff and animals!

Date of stay: May 2012
1  Thank Aprile51284
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Highly recommend like other reviews, it is in the center of Luangprabang, walking distance to major places. But I did not feel like I am staying in middle of the town because of the Khan River view and the temple near by. All staff are nice and polite. I booked for 2 nights and decided to stay 1 more night after checking other guesthouses near by...just pay a little extra.

Room tip: Get the river view room.
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We highly recommend this guest house. We have a river view room with a terrace. The room is clean, comfortable with lovely bedding and the bathroom is small but has a hot water shower. We have enjoyed sitting out on our terrace with a glass of wine watching the world go by in the early evening. Breakfast is included and is different from the usual breakfast - fruit salad and pancakes - very yummy. It is very close to the sights being situated in the historical quarter of Luang Prabang. We would stay here again.

Room tip: Ask for a ground floor room with terrace. It is really lovely sitting out there in the evening and it is great having the extra space.
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Working as motorbike guide in Laos, i discover this hotel downtown LPQ during my last trip in january. The hotel takes place in old colonial house and in old wooden house, between the "nam kong river" and the "nam khan river.
Nice place to stay and to feel the spirit of this old royal capital through this place.
Good service and good restaurant ("Couleur Cafe").
Free service : WIFI,TV, AIR COND, LAUNDRY.
The owners speak: French, English, Thai, and Lao.
My advice is : you are in old royal capital and stay in old colonial house, is the best way to be in harmony with this town.
Laurent.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Laurent A
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I already had a favorite hotel out of town, now with SayNamKhan I also have a favorite place right in the middle of the old Luang Prabang town!

For me, the 2 rivers, Mekong and NamKhan count for 50% of the extraordinary ambiance of this sacred town, So I find that when staying in Luang Prabang, it would be a shame not to stay by the river! I love the susnset on the Mekong side, but for my hotel I definitly prefer the quiet Nam Khan river side. The SayNamKhan hotel has it both: If you got a room with a balcony you can enjoy beautiful and peacefull morning sunrises with an amazing view on the charming Nam Khan river and mountains in the back, and it is just 2 minutes walk from the Mekong banks for evening sunsets.

The hotel is a traditionnal lao house, which makes you feel the authentic vibes of Luang Prabang. Of course it may not be as confortable as a mordern construction, but this is a personnal choice and the experience one wants to live: I definitly prefer to be in this beautiful old building that is unique and authentinc, that IS the real Luang Prabang than staying in a fancy boutique hotel that could be anywhere else in the world.

Rooms are very clean. Bed was very confortable (seems to be brand new at the time I was there). Staff is very friendly. The restaurant next door is also very nice. I will definitly come back.

Room tip: Rooms downstairs have a private balcony
Date of stay: February 2012