“A bit worn down now”

Sunfort Hotel
Sunfort Hotel
Ranked #17 of 53 Hotels in Lahore
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This used to but one of the best value for money hotels in Lahore. It's a bit worn down but still is pretty good. Th staff are always helpful and I think renovation is going on at the moment. The breakfast is good and overall food quality is not bad. The rooms are varied but generally clean and in good condition. Unfortunately there are no non-smoking rooms hence they can smell a bit. Location is good.

Room Tip: Try to get the large rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank dinowhale
There are newer reviews for Sunfort Hotel

Reviewed 4 February 2012

I had to stay here for one night as it was relatively close to Alama Iqbal Int Airport (approx 20 mins without traffic). The Sunfort is located at Liberty Market, a shoppers paradise and very close to M. M Alam Road a food lovers heaven.:) Please check out ''Yums'' its the best Chinese I had in Lahore/Pakistan. When I made the reservation I spoke with Zeeshan who was curt, sharp in tone and aggressive, needless to stay when we (my Uncle and I) checked in we had the misfortune of meeting Zeeshan, Sharjeel and the rest of the front office staff who were probably having a bad shift and failed to greet us or acknowledge our questions. I felt they seriously lacked basic manners and etiquette. I felt uneasy and uncomfortable standing at the reception having to endure the cold stares and silence, not a good start to the stay. However, on the bright side and after all the formalities were completed, passports and advance payments made, etc, we were escorted by Sharjeel and settled into our room. I personally loved the fresh flowers, fruit basket and the use of the facilities at the business suite were an added bonus. The room was clean, comfortable with all the usual creature comforts. An extra blanket would have been great as it was very cold. I was startled to read a message about storing valuable personal belongings with front office so obviously a few artful dodgers actively present. I stored my laptop with front office staff before heading out to dinner. Breakfast was average, porridge was awful and the pineapple and apple fruit salad looked so out of place among the puri, choley and aloo. I was very disappointed with the limited healthy options available to those who suffer from diabetes and have other medical conditions. I was the only female to eat in the restaurant and stuck out like a sore thumb. Checking out was a pain, once again the front office staff failed to spell my name correctly and wanted to charge me for drinking water. A one litre bottle of Nestle Pure Life is approx 35 rupees at the local convenience store but we charged 80 rupees for the priviledge. I would like to stay here again but might try the Pearl Continental next time for a friendlier and professional reception.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
9  Thank Lil_Miss_Sunshine75
Reviewed 28 January 2012

have stayed in many places all over the world in many IHGs or Radisons and have generally high expectations when I stay somewhere, but considering Pakistan, I would highly recommend this hotel. Stayed there in January 2012, and the service, price, house keeping were bravo. Parking could be an issue but they have valet service. Breakfast has a large variety as well.

Room Tip: Walk in rates are generally lower than advance booking or website rates.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Waleedbin
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Great rooms, food, service, location, safety, and friendliness. Would stay here again !

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank BBB2
Reviewed 21 October 2008

I often stay at this hotel on business visits to Lahore and highly recommend it.

Rooms are very large spacious with all facilities. Free LAN connection in each room as well.

Breakast buffet is decent with both local and continenal dishes on the menu...a'la carte menu is also good.

Location is excellent..right in the heart of Liberty Market..which is close to supermakets and also for shopping.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Warren F