Lock in great prices from these sites
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
Hotels.com
1,212 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 February 2019 via mobile

After a beautiful cruise from Bagan to Mandalay, it was great to stay at the tastefully decorated Hotel Yadanarbon. The lobby had unique furniture and traditional wooden carvings. Our room was comfortable and had everything we could possibly need.

The best thing about the hotel which makes it a top pick is the cultural show at night in the ornately decorated grand dining room. Over an interesting menu of drinks or dinner you can watch a traditional puppet show, a blissful Burmese xylophone performance and cultural dances. For a similar cultural show anywhere else in Myanmar you will end up paying a bomb.

From the restaurant and the tranquil infinity pool on the floor above, we got a spectacular view of Mandalay town.

The hotel is very well located, close to several restaurants and street food stalls and well located for all sightseeing.

The hotel staff was very helpful with helping us hire a car for sightseeing. They were also very alert and brought us our camera bag that we had left behind accidentally on a table during check out. A special thanks for helping save our priceless photos.

Yadanarbon checks all the correct boxes and I highly recommend staying here if you are visiting Mandalay.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank piyabose
Reviewed 13 February 2019

We stayed in Superior room, spacious, luxorious bed linen nice bath and shower very clean. Internet fast enough for browsing email as except early in the evening. Food was good, breakfast fine.Lovely staff. Centrally located ,market outside your window,but not many restaurants close by.

Room tip: Superior larger shower and bath better linen
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2019

I am a positive reviewer and can usually find something nice to say about most properties, but I had a very bad experience at the Hotel Yadanarbon and urge you to avoid staying here. The worst experience involved encountering bed bugs in an upholstered chair in the lobby. I sat in the chair for about 15 minutes and immediately started feeling bites on my arms. I assumed the bites were from mosquitoes, even though I hadn't seen any land on me. Afterwards, however, the bites developed into red welts and exactly match bed bug bites. I got 54 bites in the 15 minutes I sat in that chair! This happened as we were waiting for a car to drive us to the airport. I immediately emailed the hotel when I arrived home in Shanghai but haven't received any response in two days. Other things that weren't great: we had arranged airport pickup but no one came (we were told this was a mistake on their end). We hoped to exchange USD at the hotel desk (a service offered by every other hotel we stayed at in Myanmar) but were told they hadn't gone to the bank that day and couldn't offer that service. Our room was right beside the elevator on the 1st floor and we could hear everything that happened in the hallway. There was zero noise protection between our room and the hallway space. Breakfast was okay but did not measure up to others we experienced in Myanmar. For this price, you can find other hotels in Mandalay that are much better. And if there were bed bugs in the lobby, I can only imagine that they exist in some of the rooms, as well. I would NOT recommend staying here.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank LavenderFive
Reviewed 3 February 2019 via mobile

This is a great hotel with a nice pool, spoilt only by the noise from outside and the lift next door to the room (despite specifically asking for a quiet room away from the lift!). Only stay here if you have good ear plugs!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2019

Beautiful Hotel. The inside woodwork and art is stunning. We had 2 rooms on different floors and both were exactly what we needed. Clean and comfortable perfect. The free breakfast had many options to choose from and the perfect way to kick start our day. The pool although chilly was great to hang out eat drink relax. The view from the pool was absolutely worth the stay. We enjoyed evening supper at poolside and it was delicious and plenty of choices. Great prices and service excellent.The staff always eager to please and we were greeted with smiles, every time we saw them. Elevators to rooms and across lobby elevator to restaurants and pool.

Date of stay: January 2019