Lock in great prices from these sites
camerong1984
Ordinary at best
2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Jan 2013
I booked the room over the phone and the man from the hotel asked if I wanted a motorbike from the bus stop and quoted me a price. I said that I didn't want one. When I got to the bus station there was someone waiting there for me with a sign and he was quoting me a greater price than what was said on the phone!
The room was clean, bed comfortable enough and hot water worked. Air conditioning worked sometimes but other times didn't work.
We got washing done and they handed it back to us with most of it wet.
For Myanmar standards the service was quite average.
Not a terrible place to stay but certainly not a great one
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Expedia.com
    AU$183
4.7 km from Rich Queen Guesthouse
View more hotels in Mandalay
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

We followed the LP and went to AD1Hotel and were disgusted and walked out - two blocks up we found the Rich Queen and were very surprised - very basic but has all you need! Rooms are new and clean, and few rooms (14) means that the staff were very attentive - very helpful.
PhoSe was especially so, he took it upon himself to take us around the city and further for two days giving us a personal tour of things we never thought of seeing. Our wonderful stay in Mandalay was mainly due to PhoSe and the Rich Queen - !

Date of stay: January 2013
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Two words spring to mind when trying to describe this hotel, although given Tripadvisor's profanity guidelines, I'm not sure I'm allowed to write them!

This hotel offered the WORST experience I have ever had with accommodation while travelling!

I arrived on the bus at about 4am, so went through about four or five places (all full) before settling on this one - (after minimal sleep and an hour of hopping around to different guesthouses in a taxi, I clearly wasn't thinking right).

Problem(s):
- No running water in my room, despite hotel management informing me it was a new hotel that had all the mod-cons.
- After asking about the water FOUR TIMES, having to still wait an hour for someone to come up and try to fix it.
- When realising the water wasn't going to work, being sent to another room to use the shower, only to find there was no hot water.
- No working air-conditioner.
- Generally bad experience!

If you are desperate for a room late at night, you might want to consider sleeping in the gutter, because it would be better than booking a room at the Rich Queen Guesthouse.

Room tip: No tip to choose a good room - you'd be better sleeping in the street!
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank theshineline
Reviewed 2 December 2012

They told me they have room available when I phoned them. When I arrived, they gave me a room with a TV, but no outlet to plug it in. The toilet didn't not flush - the knob of the flushing mechanism fell off when you touch it. Also, the spraying tube was leaking and cannot be turned off. The rate for this room was $25. When I told them of the problems with the toilet, they told me to wait for tomorrow to change to another room. I did not wait, I went somewhere else real fast. They look like nice people, but limited English was understood. Their response was always 'I don't understand'. It would had been a nice room if things work better. There's plenty of room for improvement.

Room tip: go some place else
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2012 via mobile

Great new building, new beds, hot water, AC, TV, and amazing WIFI connection . Super clean , well located, and friendly young kids staff, little English but very helpfull. Call ahead often full. Great price 20$ for two, or 15$ single. All worth it.

Date of stay: October 2012
Reviewed 14 May 2012

very nice and reasonable hotel ,you can also look in the richqueen52.blogspot.com.i have also rent the car from this hotel to Pin U Lawin or Maymaew the British Kureort in the past.

Date of stay: November 2011