Imparatul Romanilor
  • Pool
Hotel Parc(Sibiu)
USD 66
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 102/night.

USD 98
USD 34
USD 56
USD 65
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 73/night.

Pensiunea Cocosul Rosu(Sibiu)(Great Value!)
USD 43
All reviewsthe main squareold townfresh paintindoor heated poolsmall elevatorodd layoutfried potatoespedestrian mallretractable roofseen better daysdining room ispublic areascentral locationsplit levelnice hotelair conditioningsitting area
Reviewed 5 December 2017

Just got back from Romania with two nights in Sibiu for the Christmas market, old villages of Margineinea and the medieval flair of the Old Town. The market is lovely and easily rivals the similar in places like Munich and Frankfurt.

I must admit we were somewhat worried after having read the previous review regarding the fire safety precautions at this hotel. Once there we asked the front desk manager to show the exit procedure in case of fire so for the next 25 minutes we investigated the escape routes of both second and third floors. We noticed each room had the fire escape route shown on the inside of the door and all exits were functional. The manager also presented us with the general, officially approved fire escape planning, in good standing.

For the ones willing to change from clinically septic / zero-identity ramadas and the alike, this hotel offers one of the best opportunities. Will leave aside its super location right off the main square and just mention the elegance, style and above all, charm. While not a deluxe facility, it has the means and the power to take you back in time. I would call it a bit more than a simple hotel stay.

Room Tip: Hotel is safe and in good standing as far as fire exits are required.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank S8343XRtania
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel is a must if you are in Sibiu. The outside hides a palatial inside that is reminiscent of empires and emperors. My stay was sadly only for a night, but I could have stayed longer. The hotel has a well deserved 3 star rating and it achieves this easily. The staff are very helpful, polite and knowledgeable of the area. The rooms are a 1-up arrangement with the bedroom upstairs.
The bathroom is clean, medium in size with all amenities and lots of hot water. The heating is outstanding and dries any hand washing quickly. In winter I can see the heating being more than sufficient.
The breakfast is sufficient, but not elaborate and held in the grand dinning room. Overall, what a wonderful experience and I am looking forward to going back.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2017

In the admittedly unlikely event of a fire, potentially dozens of guests could die because of locked fire escape exits, an inaccurate Evacuation Plan (more correctly, a Death Plan), and fire exit signs that lead guests to locked escape doors three dark flights below the nearest alternative escape route on floor 1. The escape door adjacent to the pool at the rear of the hotel cannot be accessed when the pool is closed at night and when the pool door is locked during the day, as was the case the day we were there. The escape exit at the middle of the hotel is also three dark flights down, and it too was locked. Both escape doors lead to the small delivery garage, which is presumably dark and locked at night.

I find it extraordinary that the management and the public safety officials in Sibiu are unaware of and tolerate this lack of this most basic fire safety standard, an accurate evacuation plan and fire escape route.

Any visitor who plans on staying in this hotel should insist on a room adjacent to the main stairwell that leads to the reception lobby.

Room Tip: Insist on a room near the main stairwell-fire escape route laeding to the reception lobby
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank drooney990
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

No minibar, uncomfortable beds, no wireless in the room, no shower curtains, towels with holes, broken chairs, spider webs, some windows do not open, one of the rooms had no bedside lamp, cannot turn off the heat. Old and not well refurbished.

The hotel is very beautiful. The breakfast is good, the staff is nice but is not always present. The location is perfect.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2017

As I entered the hotel I was struck by the 'Grandeur' of it, I even thought our 3rd floor twin room was quite 'chic' in a shabby sort of way, even though it was very small and cramped. That was until we took up residence for 2 nights and then it all became most unsatisfactory, in fact downright unacceptable..............

A beautiful chandelier hanging from the centre of the room had only 3 bulbs out 8 working, 2 out of the 4 wall lights weren't working, as well as one bedside light.

Then there was the issues with the bathroom....toilet seat broken, toilet roll holder hanging off the wall, no where to put our soap bag, Shower cradle broken, could only use it hand held. Decided to have a bath....... Bath water when emptied flooded the bathroom floor soaked my soap bag and contents which was on the floor as there was no where else to put it....had to use our towels to stop the water entering the room. Tried to ring reception...no telephone index in room.....tried most usual numbers to no avail, resorted to getting dressed and going personally to reception.......'not a problem' was the answer.....lady eventually arrived with fresh towels and the offer to change rooms which we rejected as it was now very late. She then proceeded to clear the drain of copious amounts of matted hair......and dry the floor.

Had a very unsettled night due to the fact I could feel metal poking through the mattress, after using the duvet to pad the mattress I eventually got some sleep.

Next morning I reported the issue with the bed and was assured that something would be done about it. When we arrived back early evening nothing had been done so I asked reception again....It would be sorted but they had other issues that had to be resolved first....As we were going out I decided to strip the bed so that if we were not in they would know which bed I was talking about..............Shock, horror.......the mattress cover was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen, Filthy, covered with stains of body fluids.....Back to reception....now requesting to speak with the Manager....not available....But they would resolve the issue straight away. New mattress duly arrived with a clean fresh cover...in the mean time I checked the other bed but that thankfully was acceptable.

Breakfast was adequate but nothing special.....wifi only available in reception area.

The only positive about this hotel is it's situation in the centre of the pedestrian area but even that can be a negative as our transport wasn't able to drop us or collect us from the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple