“Belissimo”

Maramao
Ranked #12 of 267 Restaurants in Plovdiv
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Charming and friendly Italian restaurant in the very center of Plovdiv. Our Working time is from Monday to Saturday from 11.30 AM to 03.00 PM and from 06.30 PM to 12.00 PM. Sunday we work only with reservations.
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Everything is absolutely fantastic, starting with the smiley Italian cook, who purely represents the Italian culture, and makes sure he tells you this is a truly Italian restaurant. We called earlier, asking if we could bring our dog, and we were told "of course! People are good and bad... Animals are always good!"

The food is great! We had calamari Maramao, which are accompanied with a few strips of spicy peppers, and not only are spicy, but also with a crispy on the outside, soft on the inside feeling. We also had vegetables with mozzarella in the oven, and the diversity of flavours was outstanding. Lastly, and before my lady asks for her desert, we decided to try a real Italian pizza, so we ordered a marinara, slightly modified with mozzarella again, and I was getting the heebie-jibbies at each bite, as I was getting chicken-skin and shivers. Pure happiness.

All of the above was delightfully exchanged with small sips of a warming Santa Cristina Chianti Superiore, which greatly diverts the different tastes from becoming one.

Finally, for desert, we tried ordering a tiramisu and patratak, some sort of caramel cake, but the tiramisu was over by lunch time. I'm not a big fan of very sweet desserts, so I just had a spoon of patratak, while my girl was really enjoying herself having it.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

The staff here are friendly and welcoming. The food is all freshly cooked and tasty.
We called in at about 2.15pm and were greeted warmly. We ordered soups, both of which were freshly made and spaghetti and penne dishes which were hot and delicious. We were replete so did not choose a dessert.

1  Thank Surtop
Reviewed 9 October 2017

We were introduced to this restaurant by friends that live in Bulgaria. The Boss, Freddy, is Italian and says no to everything that you ask for and then provides exactly what you requested, a true character ! The meals are all freshly cooked and Freddy lets you know how long the courses will take to prepare, not a restaurant for people in a hurry. The food and ambiance were excellent, we were able to eat in the small garden area as it was a particularly nice October day. Freddy is old school and we will definitely return, highly recommended.

2  Thank Tony L
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Being advertised many times from my friends I visited this restaurant with my friends, so we could try more than one or two dishes. But I was disappointed with all of them: poor but expensive veggi salad, strange and not so tasty lemon pork steak, strange huge salmon chop. Only the dessert was delicioius. I think I couldbgive them second chance but not so soon, and not with this prices. I'm not sure what my freinds liked in this restaurant. Italian food is not only pizza...

2  Thank Николай В
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

It's a nice place with good tasty italian food. The chef is Italian. We had dinner there twice. Pasta and pizza were cool. The interior design is usual. Prices are moderate (may be a little higher when compared to the cafes in the vicinity but ok). Especially I'd like to point out that the service was very cood. Young, cheerful, smiling, quick waiters (for Bulgaria it's somewhat of a rarity;))

3  Thank La_risa2000