All reviews the main square great hotel old city small breakfast room unesco site local red wine guests receive outside seating gluten free bread huge bathroom i highly recommend this hotel breakfast was excellent inclusive breakfast hotel is located free parking clock tower people watching
Reviewed 24 September 2017

This is a fantastic hotel. The rooms are spacious, bed was very comfortable, breakfast was excellent, staff was courteous and helpful. The location is also excellent, right in the heart of the old Kotor city.

Only (minor) complaint is that the hot water was not working in the morning, but I suspect this was just a temporary outage.

We ate at the Galeon restaurant that evening. Bojan from reception was very helpful in securing a reservation and we were pleasantly surprised to learn that Vardar guests receive 10% off at the Galeon restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe_King_traveler
Reviewed 1 September 2017

We really loved this hotel, fantastic room, attentive service, delicious food, amazing location.
Our room (which was one of the larger ones, I think it was a junior suite) was extremely comfortable lovely big bed with crisp linens, plenty of room for us and our 4 year old son (for whom they provided a roll out bed, and for which there was no extra charge), and we had a very nice large marble shower room. We were on the first floor. It was lovely to have a view of the beautiful old square.
We loved the terrace outside the hotel, we had dinner there and it was gorgeous, beautiful food (with a beef pasta dish my son went on about for the rest of our holiday!). The terrace was a great place to kick back with a G&T and a book as well and watch the world go by! Breakfast (which was indoors) was very good with cooked eggs and lovely fresh pastries. We also ate dinner at the hotel's sister restaurant "Galion" on the harbour front and had an excellent meal.
You couldn't drive up to the hotel, as it was within the old town. We had a car and were given a ticket for a car park that was about a 5 minute walk away (I think this was complimentary).
So, why only 4 stars? Well, we stayed for 4 nights - we checked on a Friday and left on a Tuesday. Unfortunately the music from other establishments nearby completely ruined the first 2 nights of our stay (Friday and Saturday), when, even with earplugs in, sleep was impossible until well after midnight. We have a four year old, so a lie in the next day is not an option. The following two nights - Sunday and Monday - it was absolutely fine. So, I would completely and heartily recommend this hotel from Sunday to Thursday, but I would NEVER go back on a Friday or Saturday night! It is such a great hotel, the noise was such shame and completely unavoidable. When we asked the staff about it they were apologetic but there was clearly nothing they could do - and we evidently weren't the first people to mention it. They did say, as proved to be the case, that it would be quieter from Sunday.
If you are planning and trip in the week, we would highly recommend this hotel. At the weekend, I'd sadly have to say look elsewhere unless, of course, you are likely to be out partying yourself, in which case, go for it!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Fierydormouse
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Location, location, location! Hotel Vardar couldn’t be in a better location, as it’s in the Old Town not too far from the main gate. While you can’t drive up to it, the hotel will pick you up and drop you off, in a golf cart, to get you to and from your taxi with your luggage.

I was in Room 108, which had a queen bed, lots of wardrobe space, big desk, work chair, armchair, ledge for bags, large in-room safe, and minibar. The furnishings were very stylish. The bathroom had a shower and bidet, but no bath. Each room has its own Wi-Fi network and password. The power stays on when you take the card.

I really enjoyed staying here and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Perfectly located just near the main entrance to the old town. We desided to treat ourself to a good quality hotel after having a bad experience at our last apartment, we were not disappointed. The room was decorated to a very high spec. The bathroom was wonderful with a large shower, bidet and beautiful marble floors and walls. The linen was crisp white and the bed and pillows were ultra comfy. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the restaurant service as excellent. Food was outstanding and beautifully presented and a big plus for me was the the local red wine was served in proper hudge red wine glasses I highly recommend varda and have to say that it is probably one of the best hotels we have stayed in. Enjoy

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2017

The hotel is in the middle of the busiest part of the city center. Despite the noise, the windows give a good isolation during day and night. Quite decent breakfast and probably the best food I have eaten during my four day stay in Kotor. The city is amazing but the food in the restaurants is not of the best quality.and freshness.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business