All reviews suite key luxury receptionist taxi croatia sea
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

We did book a 2 bedroom "high specifications" apartment (photos of booking form with description and photos of bedrooms attached). Bedroom two was a walk-in wardrobe without a window (please see attached photos). It could only be accessed through bedroom one. The mirror in the photo was a sealed off door presumably leading to a balcony but the door handles had been removed (fire hazard, exit sealed off).
"Basic breakfast" was supposed to be included in the price (no buffet; it was served by a waiter in slow motion - bread first, cereal last) . It was extremely basic / substandard and we were charged extra for water!
The promised sea view was also non existent. Because we felt so disappointed
and deceived we did not try the hotel's restaurant . Looking at its menu the prices also seemed extortionate .
The nearby coastline required some abseiling skills to reach the rocky "beach" so definitely not suitable for small children or the elderly. Walking to the old town / harbour took at least 35-40 minutes at a reasonable pace.
Verdict: never again

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank Norbert H
Reviewed 1 July 2016

We stayed at Villa Vulin for 5 nights! Our plane was 2 hours late arriving so we got to hotel at around 10 pm. There was a personal welcome and a 5 course dinner was cooked for us, even at that time. The hotel is beautiful! The room and bathroom were big, comfortable and spotlessly clean. The location is very good. Is quiet, the sea is within easy walking distance and the bus to Pula is about 200 m away. This holiday was on 2 levels. Pula and its culture and lovely people and on a culinary level. We did not eat off a menu ( there is one available) , we let the restaurant manager surprise us with meals he put together. He is extremely good at what he does. Believe me, it was exciting and a delight! We enjoyed freshly cooked istrian dishes (fish and meat) together with some amazing istrian wines. Nothing was too much trouble, no matter what time you wanted to eat at. The food was just excellent. Breakfast was just as good. Ordered fresh fruit, expecting cut up fruit salad. No, got a full fruit bowl with figs as big as apples and the fresh apricots were soooo good. The staff at reception were equally friendly and helpful. We want to thank everyone at Villa Vulin for an unforgettable stay and we will be back!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mol121
Reviewed 30 June 2016

We stumbled upon Villa Vulin after a long drive from the Plitvice Lakes. We are a family of four with two small children (6 and 8 years old). The room was so large and every thing you would ever need is already in the room.

However, the best part was the meals. We had the best dinner we had in all of Croatia. Fresh local food prepared by a talented chef and served by an extremely knowledgable waiter. It was truly a first class meal and exactly what we were looking for after eating on the fly at Plitvitce. I can't say enough about the restaurant. They were very accommodating for the children but my wife and I did not sacrifice at all.

We were sad to have only booked one night and we're off the Rovinj the next morning. (Again, the breakfast was incredible. We ordered the night before and told them the time and it was perfect.)

The above and beyond for me was that I left my favorite fleece jacket in the room and didn't discover I had left it until we were on the ferry for Venice. I emailed Villa Vulin on arrival in Venice and the owner personally sent it special delivery to me the next day. That was such an amazing personal touch that I didn't believe existed anymore.

If you are in Pula, you must stay at Villa Vulin. It was close to town and everything you need, but the owner an staff are something extra special.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Greg K
Reviewed 1 November 2015

I discovered “Villa Vulin” during a business trip in August and stayed in Lavanda Suite. This hotel has a superb location in a quiet unique place in Istria. The room was very specious and comfortable with a luxury interior and a huge terrace overlooking a seaside.

I really enjoyed the restaurant – delicious authentic cuisine with European touch and amazing choice of fine wines from all over the world.

On top of this, the Staff and the Owner were very friendly and helpful making your stay very pleasant and relaxing.
It is a great place to stay - the best one in Istria, for sure!!!

Inna G (London)

Room tip: Lavanda Suite is the best
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2015

Went on a business dinner. The food and the service were excellent.
They served us some traditional dishes cooked and served in a modern and innovative way, using top-quality ingredients.
Great food accompanied by excellent wine and the best olive oil you can find in Istria.
With plates like this, in beauty and in taste, I can recommend it to all food lovers.
If you plan to visit Istria you simply must try it.

Date of stay: August 2015