“QUALITY HOTEL”
Review of Villa Vulin

Villa Vulin
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Pula
Reviewed 20 August 2015

The Villa Vulin is decadent, a most beautiful property where service is perfect. A quiet corner of Pula but minutes away from the city centre and the coast line. A fabulous stay where nothing was too much trouble for the extremely helpful staff. Also boasts a very fine wine cellar. It is a dream to stay here.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally good.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CHERYL B

Reviewed 14 August 2015

A delightful place to stay with all the charm and quirkiness you hope for from a small independent. The staff and owner were all very attentive and helpful, where English was a problem (and this was often quirky too!) phone calls were immediately made to colleagues for translation. We were driven to the places we wanted taxis for, and looked after really well. We ate a delicious 5 course meal, and very good breakfasts (just don't order the bacon if you like it cooked!!) The restaurant and bar are only open on demand which can make them feel overly quiet and lacking atmosphere. The hotel is in a quiet part of Pula surrounded by other rather nice apartments and within throwing distance of other good restaurants The beach is a 10 minute walk (on a hot day) and the bus stop is nearby too if you don't want to walk into the town centre. This was the perfect place for the three of us.

Room Tip: The two bedroom 'Lavanda' suite is lovely, although the terrace is only accessible from the...
Reviewed 10 August 2015

Boutique hotel in a very quite neighborhood and only a few walking minutes away from the Adriatic ocean. Very friendly staff and excellent breakfast in beautiful location. Owner greats you personally every morning, every evening.

Room Tip: Only 4-5 rooms in this boutique hotel; very quite
Reviewed 21 July 2015

While the building and the room itself were very nice, the neighborhood in which the boutique hotel was in was not convenient to seeing the sites. I was a little surprised at the appearance of the owner upon our arrival. We were there three days and the owner wore the same dirty polo shirt every day. Pula was very hot and dirty and we decided not to stay the whole time we reserved. The hotel advertised an American
Breakfast, but I would have to say that it was not. The coffee was instant coffee and the food was very much Istrian and not American. It was really hot in Pula and I could not get ice for the life of me. We decided to leave early and I had booked this hotel at a higher rate to allow for flexibility, but when we notified the front desk that we would be checking out early, we were advised that the owner would not allow us to leave unless we paid for the entire reserved time. To my surprise Travelocity was mum on the policy which left us in a lurch. I had to negotiate a settlement with the owner to get my passport back. I paid for one of the additional nights. I was informed by the owner after the negotiation that he had already booked a replacement. I decided to cut my losses and get my family out of Pula. I learned a great deal about traveling from this one experience.

3  Thank Louis M
Villa V, Owner at Villa Vulin, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2015

We have welcomed dear guests from California who have booked 7 days in our hotel with a gift. The gift was perhaps the best ham in the world - Istrian prosciutto and one of the best Teran wine in the world produced by Bruno Trapan, one of the best winemaker in Istria. That was our welcome to Americans from California. They said the reason for their travel to Pula was their daughter's participation in the volleyball tournament.

We have to emphasize that at the same time we had another quest from US in our hotel (one lady and her daughter) who gave the highest marks to this hotel to the agency through which she came.

The first day everything went right. Next day guests have appeared in tears explaining that their daughter does not want them to watch the tournament because they are the only parents there and that she is uncomfortable. The hotel owner tried to help and calm them down, because the quest and especially his wife were in shock.

So this was the reason why they asked to leave the hotel early (family reasons), not his allegations and inaccurate statements he made in his review.

In our conversation he stated that he has a document from Expedia stating that he can check out of hotel whenever he wants and pay for days he was in Hotel, and not the full price of reservation. We called the agency Expedia and agency has confirmed to us that we can collect the entire amount. Then I called him and told him that it would not be correct to charge him the full amount for the remaining 3-4 days since he has such a problem in the family, but that we will charge only one additional night on which he graciously thanked and promised to write "good review". We must emphasize that we are required to pay a commission to agency Expedia on full amount of reservation.

When it comes to clothing of hotel owner the statements made in this review are so untruth. We have to say that our quest from California was always wearing the same shorts and hat. It is maybe inappropriate for 5 stars hotel and our luxury restaurant, but we did not complain and make problems because of that. The guest also brought pizza and other dishes in his room which is also inappropriate.
At the end we must point out that Mrs. cleaned the room before check out even though she was not required to, and we appreciate that very much.

When it comes to our breakfast we have a practice that every guest can choose what he want to have for breakfast. Mr. Louis has always ordered istrian prosciutto, and has never asked for an American breakfast.

Mr. Louis also made some senseless allegations in his attempt to belittle the city of Pula and the surroundings of Hotel Villa Vulin. City of Pula is a 3000 years old city with many ancient monuments and hundreds of thousands visitors from all parts of the world visit Pula every year. Hotel Villa Vulin is situated in a residential area of the city 200 meters from the most beautiful Lungo Mare in the world and the most beautiful beaches. So, it is really pointless to make such allegations as our quest did in his review.
I would never dare to insult the city of Los Angeles in the way Mr.Louis is talking about my city.
I must say that no mather the shorter stay of the guests we are obligated to pay whole amount of provision to Expedia, for what the guest should have say Thank you and not talk this way about owner, hotel, and at the end the antique city of Pula whatsoever.

But at the end, no matter what You are more than welcome to stay with us when ever you want, and like everybody we will treat you also like kings.

Best wishes from Hotel Villa Vulin staff.

Reviewed 17 April 2015

I had an excellent stay at Villa Vulin in March 2015. The hotel is in a lovely house in a quiet neighborhood just south of downtown Pula. The house is in great condition--the rooms are spacious and comfortable. The best part about the hotel was the staff. They went the extra mile in terms of providing great service and advice for exploring the local area. They stayed in touch as I planned my trip to help me finalize key details, and made sure I had everything I needed during the stay.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
4  Thank manwithalime
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pula
Oasi - Boutique Hotel & Restaurant
28.8 km away
Hotel Monte Mulini
Hotel Monte Mulini
#1 of 23 in Rovinj

Been to Villa Vulin? Share your experiences!