Yes there are steps in dabrovnick.this beautiful town is built on cliffs.this place was perfect though,private,so close to everything,cool and clean.its not many steps down to a beautiful beach,grocery store,restraunts and everything else.big kitchen and comfortable beds.bathrooms nice and big,great shower.the owner has a lot of old historic books on the city I found very intresting.the history here is very intresting.if the town is too packed with tourist,come back here for perfect view of everything under the kiwi trees and relax.it gives you a local feel unlike hotels.id stay again for sure
Let's start with the positive of this place before I tell you everything else...
1. It's very close to Old Town (about 10 minute walk) so central
2. The view is beautiful of Banje Beach and also very close to just walk down to if you're a beach lover
Now with everything else...
1. We were told there were not "many" steps to the apartment, there are 86 coming up and over 150 going down so if you don't like steps or have any sort of medical issue this is not for you.
2. We arrived on Friday morning and was told someone would meet, greet and carry out luggage to the apartment. After 15 hours of traveling no one was there to meet us or help with our luggage down 150 steps! So we had to figure out which apartment was ours (there's about 6 on the same street/steps) and the girl showed up 30 minutes later.
3. The booking says toiletries are provided which we thought would be shampoo, conditioner, soap. There was nothing but a bottle of hand soap on the counter and they gave us 5 toilet paper rolls (we were staying for 6 nights/7 days). So don't count on anything in the toiletry sense that you would think you would receive you have to go buy everything.
4. The place was very dirty. We were cleaning and tidying when we got there. Balcony was a mess with leaves and dirt. There were ants in the bigger bathroom and obviously known as they had bug spray but didn't do anything to help the situation.
5. They don't send cleaners ever. Even if you're staying for the whole week no one will come and clean. You have to wash your own towels and sheets, etc. Cleaners were promised to come on Monday they never showed up and they told us they never said that (lies).
6. The toilet in the smaller bathroom was broken when we got here and you couldn't flush. There were pipes hanging out that you had to pull to flush and the toilet didn't work. They did call someone when the lady got here who came later in the day but should of fixed it prior to arrival.
7. Air conditioning is only located in the central living room. So there is no cool air in the bedrooms. You would have to leave you me door open all day in order to get the air in there and even at night.
8. Leaving we specifically asked for someone to help with luggage as we have someone with a hip replacement and a pregnant person who can't carry heavy things and while we were told someone would help us we were charged an extra 20€!!
The customer service is deplorable and they lie. The company is rude and was a complete rip off and there was nothing we could do once we were here as they told us just to deal with it. We paid €1,800 for the week and it wasn't worth one euro.
Do yourself a favor and don't use this place or anything having to do with the Zigy team as you wouldn't get a truthful answer or any sort of customer service you're expecting.
Avoid at all costs, you're welcome in advance.