“Lovely holiday”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Villa Anita

Living Room
Bathroom 1
Bathroom 2
Sustjepan along the coast
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Molly E
“Lovely holiday ”
Reviewed 7 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

We spent a lovely week here, beautiful garden - we ate all our meals outside enjoying the sun and view - and very good location. Only 30 minutes from the airport and a 10 minute bus ride from the old town. The restaurant (which is very close by) is also lovely and excellent value. Highly recommended!

8 Jun 2015
Thank you Molly. You and your friends were a perfect guests. Best Regards to all, you are welcome.
Anita
Ros L
County Dublin, Ireland
“Beautiful Anita!!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

We certainly had a wonderful time staying at Anita's. The villa's perfect in every way - location, comfort, space etc

Anita is amazing to planning our whole arrival by helping us arrange transfers - we welcome by her homemade lemonade & lemon cake!! Yummy!!

No doubt our highlight is the jacuzzi after the long day out - Anita was so kind to get it all filled and working for our arrival. I also love my window view from my bedroom into the waters making it so picturesque.

We all enjoyed the bbq meal with local wine- Anita had prepared for us - home made and local it beats any restaurant food we got there. Anita had even fresh lemon, oranges, grapefruit from our own villa garden with fresh mint and Melissa available for tea or juice making!

The villa is located in a quiet and safe neighborhood with a fantastic local restaurant just in front and the bus stop right there too!

I highly recommend her and looking forward to return ..

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: jacuzzi after the long day out
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Ros L
County Dublin, Ireland
“A wonderful holiday!!”
Reviewed 12 December 2014 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

Coming to Villa Anita, was like arriving home. Anita and her husband, the owners, were ever so kind to prepare the most enjoyable Croatian lunch for us. It was a welcome that set the scene for a wonderful holiday. The villa was spotlessly clean with plenty of space for all the family to chill out. The beds were comfortable with a good supply of quality linens and towels to cater for the needs of all six guests. Villa Anita is conveniently located within easy access to the old town and the many the beaches of Dubrovnik. Getting around on the local buses was easy and people were always wiling to help when you were not sure of your destination. Anita was always helpful with our requests and provided us with plenty of useful information. We enjoyed staying in Villa Anita and we recommend it as a great location for a family holiday to Croatia. Dubrovnik offers something for all the family, great restaurants, great beaches, great nightlife...great location.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: garden with the Jacuzzi
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
klynnega
Washington
“Anita and the Villa Anita Deserve 25 stars!!!”
Reviewed 2 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

We just returned two days ago from 8 glorious days at the Villa Anita in Sustjepan, Dubrovnik Croatia. It's approx. a 15 minute drive to Old Town but if you do not rent a car, there is a bus stop righr there that runs every 5-15 minutes to Old Town and other areas around Dubrovnik. There is also a fabulous restaurant, the Konoba Bonaca, that we enjoyed about 5 times during our stay. They have a few indoor seats, but the seats outside are large and comfortable and you have a fabulous view of the river and all of the huge yachts that go by. The food and service is exceptional! Our favorite pizza was their signature "Bonaca" pizza. So good!!! To make the review easier and to keep me from writing a short story, I will bullet point a few of the high points. Although, there really is not enough room to really write how much we enjoyed our stay.

* Being a former travel consultant (over 25 years), I love to research where I'm going to stay and find out what it has to offer. After researching almost 280 properties, I realized that I kept coming back to this one. So happy that I did!!
* Anita is wonderful in her response times and assistance from the start to finish. I believe most emails were answered in less than 3-4 hours!! With the time difference, that is amazing!!
* On arrival, she had a lovely cheese, fresh bread and prosciutto tray waiting for us, along with a surprise bottle of wine for my birthday!! After 3 flights and Croatia losing our luggage (for the next 2 and 3 days), this was an absolute joy!!
* There are fruit trees everywhere!! I am envious of anyone staying the end of September or in October because they will enjoy grapes, kiwi, limes, oranges, persimmon!
* If you need herbs for your recipe, out by the fence there is rosemary, thyme, mint and more. The smells were fabulous!!
* We didn't use it, but after a long day of walking and touring, there is an inflatable hot tub (it's really cool!!!) under the orange tree. We did nap in the hammock a few times.
* There are gorgeous views from the upstairs windows and balcony.
* There are plenty of dishes, cooking utensils and pots and pans, hot pot and accessories to make homemade meals.
* Approx. 5 minutes down the road there is a chain grocery, Konzum Market, and just a couple minutes past that you will find a gas station (only place to buy ice) and a smaller market that carries a few items that the other market doesn't. We went to both and they both accept credit cards. Pack one or two fabric totes, they charge for grocery bags. Or buy a few and reuse them.
* Most places have a washing machine, but they hang out clothes to dry. I forgot to ask Anita how to use the washing machine, so I just washed a few things by hand and then hung them out to dry. They have built in clothes lines on the balconies. Some people may not like this, but I loved it! Everything was so crisp and fresh!!
* There is no maid service, this is more like being in your home. You get several towels per person, but you will need to wash and reuse these. There is also a laundry down by the Konzum if needed.
* Many other guests have left condiments and coffee and tea, so no need to buy that. We left cappuccino mix, sugar and a couple of other items.
* No one except the hotels sell beach towels (that we could find), so either bring one with you (use as a blanket on the plane if you are short on space) or buy one there. They range from $16-30. They also sell goggles and water socks. In some places, there are spike black sea urchins so water socks are a must. The beaches here are also not soft sandy beaches, they have rocks.
* There is a computer upstairs that she allows you to use and free Wi-Fi! This was a Godsend during the trauma of finding our luggage. She also offers international channels, like HBO, so we had quite a few English speaking channels.
* There was no one checking in right after us, so Anita was lovely and let us stay as long as we needed until we had to leave for the airport.
* Anita can arrange tours. She arranged a private boat tour for my family to the following 3 islands: Lopud, Kolocep, Sipan. She also knows the owner of the Konoba Dubrovnik on Lopud, which is right on the beach. They were fabulous! They had our table ready and we were treated like royalty!!
* The patio is gorgeous and there are 4 cozy chairs outside to relax with a glass of wine. Use mosquito repellant though, these little guys are everywhere we went! She does provide incense lanterns and a ton of assorted repellants if you did not bring any, so no worries there. There is personalized air conditioning in the bedrooms, plenty of blankets and pillows.
Note: Take care! This is actually Anita's girlhood home!! How amazing is that!!

There is so much more, but this will give you an idea of how wonderful it is here. Go with the thought: I am going to have a fabulous time and not worry about a thing and you will have the trip of a lifetime. (We started the trip with no luggage, I tripped and fractured my shin, my husband lost his glasses and my daughter had an allergic reaction to something. But we did the: be polite, be kind, be sweet train of thought and were treated like celebrities everywhere we went!!

Thank you Anita!! We will be back!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and Anita!
Liked least: Nothing.
Friends getaway
6 Sep 2014
Dear Karen, thank you for a wonderful rewiev, I am so happy that you loved your staying in our house in Dubrovnik. I wish that I could done more for you , but I was a little sick in that time. I am so sorry that I couldn't prepared our traditional meals on BBQ, I am sure you were very excited with it. Anyway I wish to you and your family all the best and you are welcome any time again in our house, you were great excellent guests, forever yours Anita
euandavid...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“BBQ, garden, close to Dubrovnik - brilliant”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

Fantastic place, close to the city with beautiful garden/BBQ, and even a small hot-tub. Anita was extremely friendly and helpful, and had a welcome lunch/BBQ prepared for us. Its a short bus into the city, but very easy from the house. Three rooms all very clean, wifi, tv, two bathrooms, plenty of space. Everything you could need. Place also has nice view of the sea, and is quieter than places in town. Great value for money compared to places near the old town. I’d go back in a second.

25 Jun 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review, you and your family are always welcome, you were wonderful guests, I'm glad to meet you.
Anita
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing