“Nice Venue, LackLustre Exhibition - Requires an Injection of Imagination”

The Home of Marin Drzic
Book In Advance
More Info
USD 77.75*
and up
Dubrovnik Museums Tour
Ranked #181 of 194 things to do in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visited this venue as a part of the Dubrovnic card. The venue has potential but this small exhibition is woefully uninspiring. The eponymous character was clearly a very interesting character but the displays somehow managed to make the least of his achievements.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

The Museum is located in Siroka ulica (Siroka street is about three times as wide as the standard street. Siroka means wide, ulica street). As I am a huge history fan, when I travel I always want to soak in as much history, culture and heritage of the city I am in, so my friend and I have decided to visit the house of Marin Drzic considered as the greatest Renaissance playwright, especially in comedies.

House of Marin Drzic is so interesting with a lot's of information about Drzic's life over two floors with an excellent gift shop! It’s always with a mix of respect and admiration that you visit brilliant work and someone's legacy left to us.

At the entrance are the dolls of various characters from Drzic’s works, with amazing floor scheme of a Dubrovnik before the earthquake in 1667. Behind them, there is a door through which you enter the exhibition area in which it is so called crypt.

So cool in this museum is that the stairs are marked with the most important years in his life that lead you to the second floor where the family and genealogical tree is located as Drzic's workroom.

What I loved the most is the combination of Drzic and contributions of the most influenced painters-graphic artist of the younger generation so we had a chance to see Duje Medic graphic work.

What we have learned from the lovely stuff is that the exhibition is made up of 26 pencil drawings created in response to the artist Duje Medic to the marginalized theme of the Marin Drzic clergy.
The museum itself is very charming and will take you about 30 minutes to walk around and indulge it all its hidden beauties.

We have finished our museum visit at the museum shop which displays a beautifully arranged collection of everyday objects that show the development of product culture over the centuries of Drzic life. I have got me a beautiful necklace made out of Tiffany glass named after women characters from Drzic work.

I would definitely recommend this museum. Enjoy :)

1  Thank Ana267
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

As passing through this statue was wondering why his nose was so shiny and large. Seems like if you touch his nose you get good luck or something like that. Not impressed by the museum.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

This is not the easiest of places to find, but is worth the effort. Like others I had not heard of Marin Drzic until I came across this house, but I certainly knew a lot more about him by the time I left! He is in short to Croatians what Shakespeare is to us Brits, so you can begin to understand his importance and legacy. The house basically documents his life and work, both of which seem to have been far from ordinary.

See more reviews
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

As part of our visit to Dubrovnik and our purchase of the Dubrovnik card my family and I went along to Marin Drzic House. Previously we had not heard of him however, upon going to his house we were fully informed by the time we left. Although the exhibition itself is not on a large scale there is lots of information everywhere you look and all in a number of languages. This exhibition is split over a number of floors so anyone with a disability or a buggy would find it difficult to transverse. Worth a visit if your in the old town.