“Don’t bother”

and up
Dubrovnik Museums Tour
Ranked #187 of 198 things to do in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

As passing through this statue was wondering why his nose was so shiny and large. Seems like if you touch his nose you get good luck or something like that. Not impressed by the museum.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

This is not the easiest of places to find, but is worth the effort. Like others I had not heard of Marin Drzic until I came across this house, but I certainly knew a lot more about him by the time I left! He is in short to Croatians what Shakespeare is to us Brits, so you can begin to understand his importance and legacy. The house basically documents his life and work, both of which seem to have been far from ordinary.

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

As part of our visit to Dubrovnik and our purchase of the Dubrovnik card my family and I went along to Marin Drzic House. Previously we had not heard of him however, upon going to his house we were fully informed by the time we left. Although the exhibition itself is not on a large scale there is lots of information everywhere you look and all in a number of languages. This exhibition is split over a number of floors so anyone with a disability or a buggy would find it difficult to transverse. Worth a visit if your in the old town.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

This museum is included in the Museums of Dubrovnik Pass so we decided to stop in. It was a rainy day and there wasn’t much else to do in town. Marin Drzic was a playwright lived over 500 years ago, and the museum contains a few busts that were guesses of what he looked like as there are no portraits of him. There were also some play posters from the 1950s and 1960s, but there was nothing that I would pay to see.

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 October 2017

I didn't realize this was in front of his home or I would have popped in as I had the Dubrovnik card. I passed by the statue twice and obviously people think that rubbing his nose and/or knees is good luck as they are all shiny from constant rubbing! I'll admit...I rubbed his nose on my second pass!