Neptun Hotel(Dubrovnik)
USD 371
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 426/night.

USD 236
USD 225
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 October 2014

I have just returned from a truly inspirational painting holiday with Maca! It was so much fun with this amazing lady. We sketched and painted in beautiful locations to the north and south of her home. The accommodation was extremely comfortable, quiet and peaceful. She was a perfect hostess in an idyllic location. Her meals were unbelievable too and prepared and served up in no time at all. I can thoroughly recommend it for a holiday and a wonderful painting experience with an excellent tutor. I am hoping to visit again. Maca is a star!!

Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ScottishPenguin
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We, two painting friends and I and my non painting husband, have just returned after a week spent in Maca's delightful home. Maca is a wonderful hostess, an excellent cook and an invaluable tutor. She took us to some beautiful locations to sketch and paint, and on one day provided us with a delicious picnic lunch. On our last day she drove us up into the mountains to the picturesque village of Trnovica to the annual Artists Colony, what an experience ! My husband was able to scuba dive several times in Mlini and joined us on two days. We laughed from morning till night, thank you Maca for an unforgettable time, we will certainly see you again.
Sheila P.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sheila P
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I went on my own to stay with Maca and was a little worried what the holiday would be like. I needn't have worried - it was a wonderful experience and I hope to be able to go back again. Maca is a lovely welcoming hostess - nothing is too much trouble and her cooking is delicious. Her house is beautiful - crammed with artwork and wonderful objects and crockery of all colours from which to eat - with matching tablecloths and napkins of course! She has a large and airy studio in which to work if the weather is not so good. Her garden is overflowing with fruit trees with views all around and a beautiful wood behind edging right up to the rear bedroom window.
The weather was warm and sunny when I was there and Maca took her other guests and I to a variety of places and gave us opportunities to paint seascapes, village buildings, bridges, waterfalls, old mills, islands and a river which wonderful reflections in Bosnia. We also visited the old town in Dubrovnik in daytime to marvel at the architecture and be moved by the memorial to the defenders who were killed in the war - and at night to attend a concert by the Dubrovnik Symphony Orchestra. She shared stories about the war with us and took us to derelict buildings damaged during the conflict. In Bosnia we visited a lovely market. We lunched in a variety of places - picnics on the beach, a table set in a river and other traditional restaurants.
A marvellous week for me and I really hope I can go back soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Lin4847
Reviewed 5 October 2013

It was the best painting holiday ever. It felt like home away from home. My wife has special dietary requirements and Maca was very accommodating. She whipped up some great gluten free meals that were more delicious than the food we ate at Croatian restaurants. Her cooking was definitely a highlight along with our painting sessions. We painted indoors and outdoors. Her house is incredibly warm, cosy and beautiful. In her gardens, we found fruit trees. The whole experience was amazing from the very first day. We would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nik G
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Maca gave us a warm welcome and we were taken around and shown her country which she obviously loves. It was stressed that it was a holiday as well as for painting and drawing.
There was a good variety of painting and drawing to find ones strengths and interests with no more than four people at a time - to fit in her car.
My husband came to do photography, so it is suitable for a partner not into painting.
Good value, good food and well worth the visit.
Pam & Peter

Room Tip: Room at the back facing the wood
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple