“Nice view and food”

Dubravka 1836 Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 437 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Price range: USD 6 - USD 23
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Croatian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Casual Mediterranean dining
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

We were quite late as we landed in dubrovnik airport in the evening and we chose this restaurant following a recommandation. We were seated in front of the view outside and enjoyed our meals of grilled squid. Nice service and we did not wait long which was what i feared when i saw the size of the restaurant.

Mario R, General Manager at Dubravka 1836 Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear Mathilde G,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am glad to hear that you found our restaurant based on recommendation. I am even more satisfied to hear that you enjoyed our cuisine, service and ambience. Hope to see you again soon! Best wishes,

Dubravka 1836 Restaurant Team

Write a ReviewReviews (2,785)

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

As long as you sit by the water, you will have a very memorable dinner. The food is good but with such view, food goes on a secondary plane. Ideally you need to make reservations to get the best tables. I was lucky I got a great table without any reservation

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad to know that your visit to our restaurant was a good experience to you. We really appreciate your comments and hope to see you again next time.

Best regards,

Dubravka 1836 Team

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

What a view and location!!! Stunning - the service was exceptionally fast and when I saw the menu I thought - OH - way too much choice here so the food will be average - I ordered the squid/calamari and when it arrived with a healthy option I was very surprised and it tasted really good.. not cheap but also not expensive - very happy with the food and service...

1  Thank Neil H
Mario R, General Manager at Dubravka 1836 Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Neil H,

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad you enjoyed every aspect of your visit. Can we ask what can we improve to deserve 5 stars from you next time? Best wishes,

Dubravka 1836 Restaurant Team

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Nice setting and a full restaurant is always appealing, good reviews so we thought we’d give it a go. I had a salad with chicken which was dry and hardly any chicken and my husband had the moules which was a tiny portion and not the freshest either! It was a nice enough vibe with music and the shore, but was overpriced for the quality it says it is.

Dear Anna C,

Thank you very much for your time and for sharing your opinion here on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased that you were satisfied with our service and that you enjoyed the beautiful views and cozy atmosphere of our restaurant.

I am disappointed to learn that we were not able to meet your expectations regarding the quality of food. Regarding the mussels I would like to inform you that every day we receive fresh mussels from Mali Ston bay which we are proud to use when preparing our traditional dish "Mussels Buzara Style".

I would be very happy if you would give us one more chance to prove that our Dubravka 1836 rightly belongs among the best restaurants in Dubrovnik.

With my best regards,

Mario Raic

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is one of the best in Dubrovnik! With amazing views and fantastic food. The staff are extremely helpful and very friendly. Also very reasonably priced.

5  Thank lucyhand

Dear Guests,

Thank you for writing this outstanding review here on TripAdvisor. On behalf of Dubravka 1836 Team I send you best regards and we hope to meet you all again soon in our restaurant for another memorable dining experience.

Mario Raic