“Amazing views”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Apartment Tina

Bathroom
Entrance
Entrance
Outside
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Horsham, United Kingdom
“Amazing views”
Reviewed 6 November 2012 for a stay in October 2012
person found this review helpful

This was a delightful apartment, well worth the two flights of stairs to reach it, and the position 100 yds from the Ploce gate was unbeatable. The whole apartment was extremely clean and immaculate, despite being the end of the season. Many thanks to the handsome young man who came so promptly to attend to our shutter after the 'hurricane'. But the best thing about this apartment is the view!! It is amazing! Sitting on the terrace with a glass of wine and watching the sun go down over the Old City is just perfection. I can't wait to go again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and location
Liked least: The two flights of stairs - but only a problem if you have restricted mobility.
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Trequanda
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“We were given a totally different apartment”
Reviewed 6 October 2012 for a stay in September 2012
person found this review helpful

Having read some reviews where people had complained about been given a totally different apartment to the one advertised, before booking I asked the owner to assure me we would be given the Apartment Bete. She duly sent me a photograph of Apartment Bete which appears on her website and confirmed that this is where we would stay. Having met us just outside the city walls, she then took us to a completely different apartment. When I pointed out that this was not the Apartment Bete she replied 'The photos you saw were of the blue Apartment Bete. This is the pink Apartment Bete.' With only a short period of time in Dubrovnik I did not want to spend our first day trying to resolve this issue.
The apartment we were given was 2 Ulca Lucidia. Interestingly, this apartment does not appear on the owner's website. It was only superficially clean. The main room was functional, had some character, and the beds were comfortable. However, the kitchen and bathroom were very basic. We wondered why there was a mop and bucket placed in the bathroom. We soon found out. It was impossible to shower without flooding the whole bathroom floor. The location was very central to the main sights. However, the apartment was right above a very busy restaurant which had live music until 11.30 p.m. This was enough to keep even the most determined sleeper awake. Even after this was finished it was difficult to sleep because of the noise coming from the cafe which was compounded by the fact that the windows were impossible to close. We were then woken at about 5.30 a.m. by the sound of tables, chairs and umbrellas being dragged along the street for the day ahead.
Since our return I have put all my concerns in writing to the owner. Needless to say I have heard nothing.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The location of the apartment in relation to the main sites of Dubrovnik was very good.
Liked least: The fact that we were not given the apartment which was advertised and we were promised.
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
SassyAtla...
Atlanta
“Great location, clean apartment, a few suggestions”
Reviewed 2 August 2012 for a stay in May 2012

After a five hour bus ride from Split, which had very poor air conditioning, we had expected to be picked up by our host. However, after waiting for 15 minutes I phoned and was told it would be another 15 minutes or so until we were picked up. In all fairness, I had texted our arrival time and did not receive a response text had asked me to update the hosts one hour out to ensure we made it on time. This message did not appear on my phone as I had poor cell reception on the road. That said, the agreement was to text as soon as our bus departed so that they would know when to pick us up, This wouldn't have been such an issue if we hadn't of paid for the ride.

Our hosts were pleasant. Our driver, the husband, and I had forgotten I had paid a deposit, so I was overcharged initially. Then to no fault of the hosts, a young group of graduation students stood outside our villa and sang que sera sera until 5:30 am when the sun rose. Apartment silva is on the very eastern side of the island, above the best beach, and so the graduating students choose this fine location for the evening, again, in all fairness, the hosts, apologized and assured us this was an unusual event, they returned our deposit money and graciously gifted us a bottle of wine,

The location of Apt. Silva is great. It is right across the street from the cultural center and best beach. There is a grocery right down the road and the Ploce gate is but a couple minutes away. I would not recommend staying in town as it is too noisy at night. Right outside the gate is ideal and this location is it steeped up on top the mountainside. However,you still have to climb up 30 to 40 something stairs to get from street level to the fourth level of apartment. We did this with our three and five year old so it is totally doable but be fair warned.

Overall, the location sells this place. We had a few less than stellar experiences but these tngs will happen and if not habitually noted by others I would ignore our experience.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Waiting at bs stop for pick up
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
London
Reviewed 4 January 2012 for a stay in December 2011
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
bartcore
London, United Kingdom
“Damp, dirty and severely under par”
Reviewed 21 July 2011 for a stay in July 2011
person found this review helpful

Great location but that was unfortunately the only positive. This apartment was dirty, broken tv, broken fan, so damp that we got a cold and couldn't sleep, cold shower and no response from the owner when we had to check out.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing