“Absolutely Perfect”

Apartments Mariana
Apartments Mariana
Ranked #61 of 184 Dubrovnik B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 August 2016

The apartment was just beautiful, well appointed, very clean and a nice view of the ocean and hills. Great for a family of four. Location wise : Its just a quick walk from the beach, shopping centers and eateries. Very easy and no need for a car. The highlight for us was our lovely host. Mariana, who took such good care of us. She explained the area, gave us a few good tips, and helped us with transiting to and from the airport. A highlight of our stay was the most amazing fish dinner I have ever had which Mariana and her husband prepared for us. Amazing Croatian food and hospitality. I honestly recommend Mariana 110%. It was like being home away from home. Very safe. Very Quiet. Comfortable beds. All good amenities. Thanks you so much Mariana and Ivan. I wished we could have stayed longer. Two weeks was not enough. We will be back :)

Room Tip: You wont be disappointed with anything if you stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 October 2015

Location:
25-30min. drive from Dubrovnik airport, positioning at elevated place so that you can have a wonderful view of Old Town, Adriatic Sea, and Island of Lokrum. I went to Srd hill by cable car but in my opinion the view from this apartment was much better.
Small shop where you can buy food, drinks, and snacks located about 5 min. walk down the hill (right next to Bikers Cafe).
You need to take some steps up/down to get to Old Town so I folded and carried my children's buggy with me so not a bother, but it may not be suitable for some people. You also can take a slope (not stairs) but this will take little more time to travel to Old Town.

Surroundings (where I went):
- Old Town Dubrovnik (15 min. walk to and 20min. walk back with small children using stairs. If you're not traveling with small children then it would be around 5-10 min. walk to and back from Old Town. If you take a slope instead of stairs then it would take 10-15 min. walk)
- Dubrovnik Cable Car (10 min. walk)

Room:
Two bedroom apartment w/terrace and sea view - perfect for a family with small children. Very clean and neat. It has good sized kitchen with kettle, frying pan, cutlery, cups, plates, etc...everything you need for a stay in apartment.
Bathroom has a bath tub big enough to stretch and relax your legs.

Staff:
Hostess was very helpful and supportive in every way you can think of. She offered us cold drinks upon our arrival. I asked many questions like where is the good restaurants, where is the local super market, etc...and her reply was always within 2 hours. You can't do this if you're not thinking customer centric...!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank DerekK923
Reviewed 11 September 2015

I can't imagine why this apartment is not ranked number 1. The location is to die for - it overlooks the walled city and the Adriatic. It offers breathtaking views in the day and night. It is spotless and has a porch where we ate outside in the sun or shade as we appreciated the beautiful view. The owner manager Ana is so welcoming - she was helpful and patient. She made reservations for us for dinner, came up late at night to show us how to do the washer, welcomed us with a really "cold" beer and home grown grapes. The privacy between the two bedrooms is guaranteed because of the porch between them. We even enjoyed a dinner and a lunch on the porch because everything was so convenient to use. If I could recommend this place higher than a five, I would. Stay here if you want a wonderful place with all the conveniences.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank teachers55
Reviewed 13 September 2014

My friend and I have just returned from a most wonderful stay. The apartment was fantastic.. had everything you would need and more. Views were amazing. The taxi driver that took us to the airport said that there was no better place location wise and he was right. Relaxing on the balcony with views of the old town were unbeatable. The appartment was spacious and clean...and felt like it was somewhere you wanted to return to.. we had some rainy days so lovely that we had our oasis of calm. So relaxing to return there after the crowds of the old town.

Supermarket was not far away... down to old town was fine ... climb was ok back up we found it better to go the longer route back via the bikers cafe and supermarket... rather than the stairs. My quads really felt it but well worth it to get back to calm and tranquility and enjoy the magnificent view. Ana was great.... so welcoming. Organised taxis and made sure she was there.
Lovely ... don't go anywhere else if you are visiting Dubrovnik!

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maria C
Reviewed 27 August 2014

very nice apartment with a fantastic view of old Dubrovnik.
The Hostess is very friendly. I forgot my Ipad in this apartment and she tried to contact me to mail me the Ipad to Germany. And it worked.
The view to the old town is sensational. I can just recommend this apartment when you go to Dubrovink.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family