See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 June 2016

This hotel was selected by G Adventures when I toured with then. The hotel is not terrible but the location relative to the old city is very poor. A 20+ minute walk, through a neighbourhood with lots of graffiti, up a long hill (on the way back). If I was booking myself I would have never chosen this location. So that does impact my view. The location problem is exacerbated by the fact that Split does not have an efficient bus service (such a Dubrovnik does). So if you go set aside a little of your budget for cabs, which are generally quite available.

The rooms and decor are spare, but not unpleasant. Decent size. The hotel is generally clean with a comfortable size bathroom. It seems that they use a cleaning product that makes the hotel smell like Old Spice cologne. Outside of the lobby wifi is spotty at best. Breakfast wasn't great.

Reception staff were polite and generally helpful. One odd thing that seemed to "enhance" the smell of the hotel. The day we were leaving the lobby door was open and there was a pleasant breeze outside. The receptionist got up, I expected to open another door or window for a nice cross breeze. Instead she sprayed what seemed like Febreeze on a few spots on the curtains then came over and closed the open from door. not terrible but kinda weird.

Room Tip: Free wifi generally only accessible in lobby.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Toronto-JohnnyV
Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

Just a night spent here and it was plenty. No parking allocated for guest. The place is in 70's deco and need a lot of refurbishment. Room was tiny and bed terrible. Bad sleep and backache included in the price. Internet was rubbish. Couldn't even get my emails. Breakfast was average and served in a sad room.
Too far from the city center. Need a taxi to come back.
I would avoid the place next time.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Paternos
Reviewed 13 April 2016

Me and my friends were there for 2 nights and in that period they managed to charge us 70 euros for broken door frame (that we didn't break, but obviously were broken from before !!). We were really mad for that and told them that it's not our fault, but they didn't want to listen. They didn't want to admit that they charged us just because we are young and they just wanted money from us (for renovating maybe)...
Also, WiFi didn't work at all. They said it's because too much people is connected to it?? But it has to work if it is a WiFi of a hostel, it has to cover that much people, right? Anyway, 2 whole days we were there, but didn't have WiFi not for a minute!
All in all: old furniture-unfriendly staff-no WiFi... what else to say? Don't go there! If you want a hostel in Split, there are plenty others (and closer to the city center as well!!)

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2016

Hotel Dujam is a small, but very nice hotel situated just outside of the historic center of Split. Since I live in Split, I didn't stayed at the hotel, I had a lot of business meetings and seminars of my firm at the conference room of this hotel. The staff are very polite and friendly, especially the hotel director, food and service provided were excelent. There is also a terrace where you can drink great coffee, always a nice place to enjoy the sun. If you want to go to the city center, you can take the bus number 9 and in five minutes you are there.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

20 minutes from the palace in tricky location to navigate
Basic no frills room
Staff pleasant and helpful
Beds comfortable and room clean
Breakfast not included in price but was quite good
Good value. Decent position