“Great inexpensive hotel”

Ranked #24 of 57 Hotels in Split
London
“Great inexpensive hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2010

I have just come back from staying at the Globo with two girlfriends. Before I went I was slight worried about some of the comments about the area nd hotel. I must admit I was expecting worse. As three girls we had no concerns about the area, yes in residential area but plently of local people walking around. Safe and yes ten minute or less walk to the centre. Hotel was clean, tidy and staff where helpful. We enjoyed staying there more so than the hotel in Lupad called Kompas where we ended up in a dark and poorly laid out room which was meant to be the nicer room but clearly was not. See review
Good facilities, supermarket opposite, great for stocking up on supplies and drinks along with bakery. 15/20 minutes walk to the beach which we enjoyed.
Breakfast had a good choice as well. Bar downstairs if you fancy a late drink.
I would recommend this hotel any day and believe me close to the centre.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Roseash

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Colares, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2010

The Globo Hotel is located at ten minutes walking of the city centre in a ugly area. The rooms are good, the bathroom reasonable, the breakfast also good. The internet is wireless and free and the parking also free. We didn't find any reasonable restaurant in the area when we arrived late for lunch, however in city centre we can eat well. The Hotel is better than looks in some pictures we saw before arriving and can be a good option specially because we think the hotels in Croatia are in general too expensive.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Acheres, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2010

Rooms are ok and Hotel is very quiet. I had a short and enjoyable nigth, breakfeast was ok.

Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2010

We stayed in summer 2008 at Hotel Globo and found it to be very nice. The room was lovely and had everything you need, including excellent air con which you need in Croatia in August! The breakfast buffet was excellent too. The only odd thing is the location, you have to walk up a hill from the waterfront, maybe a 15 or 20 minute walk so nothing major but then I think it is more of a business hotel than a leisure hotel. That aside I would recommend this place as the value is excellent, it's probably slightly cheaper due to the location.

Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Hvar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2009

I sleep in this hotel when on a meeting / business trip to Split (I live on an island near, but need accomodation for Split overnights). It is always my choice as it is best value for money in Split - excellent staff, big - clean - modern rooms, in the walking distance from everything (The court and the main police station as well as City administration are just across, the pedestrian area of the city center also across the street and the city center itself 10 min safe walk, banks and offices all around) all at a reasonable price. Nightlife is also a very short taxi drive (can be even done on foot, but easier with taxi).
The closest beach does require a car or a longer walk, but I find it normal for all city (center) hotels and if I go for beach I go to a beach resort, so would not put that as a ''down'' of the hotel.
I hope they will stay as they are and continue to be my home away from home when in Split

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business