“Very good location”
Review of Hotel President

Hotel President
Ranked #44 of 58 Hotels in Split
Reviewed 17 October 2017

This is a traditional, old fashion hotel with stylish furniture (not my favourite). We were given room 106. I think it used to be a 4* but not now. The buffet breakfast is ok. We had dinner and was disappointing. Old fashion mind.
The good points go to its location, 5 blocks from the coast and main attractions.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 October 2017

This is an old hotel, clean but old. Old has got nothing to do with ratings though as many old hotels are indeed charming and endearing.

The beds are small, single beds in the double room, but were comfortable enough. There was just shampoo as hotel amenities.Our room had enough hot water but 2 other rooms of our companions had fluctuating hot and cold water so you bathe in hot and cold water alternately. The elevator was slow but it did get you from one floor to the next.

The lobby just stopped short from being memorable. Breakfast was okay, not much more, but sustaining ( eggs, sausages, bacon, cereal, bread, juices, and coffee) and starts at quarter to 7 a.m. So you can't really start early for sight seeing if you use this hotel as your base. We had the set menu turkey dinner the night before-- again filling but stopped short from being fulfilling.

The Staff though was friendly and accommodating, especially those assigned to the dining room.

The selling point of this hotel is its location. It is right smack in the shopping district and the old palace of Split. The beautiful, beautiful sea and promenade is just around the corner.

If it is a place to just sleep in and get a no nonsense yet fulfilling breakfast, then go for this hotel. If you are looking for some things else, choose another hotel. This hotel stops short from being endearing or memorable or satisfying.

The 3 stars is for its location.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank couchpotatonolonger
Reviewed 15 October 2017

The hotel itself is not bad, I seriously question 4 stars! More like 2/3!
We are here as part of a Shearings holiday, as I am vegetarian I asked for something other than the stated Turkey dinner, I was offered an omelette or a salad, I choose the salad. The starter arrived, carbonara, the cream was curdled and the food only just warm in cold dishes! Vile.
We were sat in a group of 6, firstly 3 turkey dinners arrived again barely warm on cold plates, then 2 omelette dinners arrived with just a slice of tomato nothing else! Again cold plates cold food, these 5 people had finished their dinners before my So called salad arrived and were already on their desserts! My salad comprising of a lettuce leaf, half a tomato and 3 slices of cucumber arrived, I just left it. My desert arrived again stone cold crepe tasted like rubber. I can honestly say I think this is the worst food I have NEVER eaten! There is no coffee/tea making facilities in the room.
Would I use or recommend this hotel again...........definitely not!
Oh and by the way, when I complained to reception I was informed that another client had been pleased with the salad, I don't know who that was as I was the only one that had it!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sueo01
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Baño maloliente. Como no lograron sanear el desagüe que emitía OLOR A PODRIDO, echaron INSECTICIDA (en vez de desodorante de ambientes...) en la habitación y abrieron la ventana para ventilar...
La Gerente/Propietaria sumamente maleducada. Con absoluto desprecio por el huésped, al extremo de descalificarnos tanto a sus dos empleadas como a mi misma porque tuvo que acercarse a abrir la ducha "puzzle" que ninguna de nosotras logró hacer funcionar y para colmo responder con total altanería y soberbia que los espejos del baño están colocados inalcanzables por encima de 1.60 m de altura "para los croatas que son altos"... Según esa "Señora", los demás para poder secarnos el pelo tendríamos que saltar como Pepe Le Pew o subirnos a un banquito?
Nuestra PEOR experiencia en alojamiento!! DESASTROSO. MUY mal recuerdo.
Aunque está bien ubicado, nunca lo recomendaría para turismo.

Smelly bathroom. As they did not manage to clean the drain that smelled ROTTEN, they threw INSECTICIDE (instead of room deodorant ...) in the room and opened the window to ventilate ...
The Manager / Owner was extremely rude. With absolute disregard for the guest, to the point of disqualifying both her two employees and myself because she had to approach the room in order to open the "puzzle" shower that none of us managed to operate. She even answered with complete haughtiness and pride that bathroom mirrors are placed unreachable above 1.60 m height "for Croatians who are tall" ... According to this "Lady", we should have to jump like Pepe Le Pew or climb on a bench in order to be able to dry our hair?
Our WORST experience in lodging !! DISASTROUS. VERY bad memory.
Although it is well located, I would never recommend it for tourism.

Room Tip: Una habitación la ventana abría hacia una columna tipo pared a 50 Cm de distancia. Otra daba a un pa...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Marianueva53
Reviewed 21 September 2017

We arrived to be told that we had an 'upgrade' to the Honeymoon Suite.

When we got into our room at 3pm (check in time) the maids were still cleaning the room and tried to stop us going in. The room clearly wasn't ready for us.

The chair leg was missing and laying on top of the chair. The shutters did not open so we had a room with no natural daylight. There was a ridiculous open shower by the bed which was totally unsuitable for a mother and daughter staying together (no privacy). It had many functions which were taped over and didn't work. Sadly no function to actually have a proper running shower. Once we managed to get a dribble of water from one of the many shower heads the bath didn't drain properly so we had to stand in a puddle of water. Stepping out of the bath/shower onto the marble floor was very slippery and dangerous.

The toilet (which thankfully was separate from the main room) was in a cupboard which I (size 8) struggled to fit in.

We raised our concerns with the hotel and asked to be given the Double Deluxe room which we had booked 6 months previously. They said they were sold out & couldn't give us one until the following day.

The next day we reminded Reception of this as we left to sightsee for the morning & advised we would move our luggage once allocated a new room. When we returned, Reception told us they had already packed & moved our belongings into a new room for us (without our consent).

We had, however, left valuables in the room safe which they hadn't thought to check. We then had to accompany the manager to the room. We greeted by a half naked man (the hotel had already assigned it to 3 new occupants) who kindly allowed us to retrieve our items in the safe.

We then spent the next 2 nights in a Comfort Twin room so never received the upgraded room which we had paid for.

Two of our personal items went missing due to the hotel moving our luggage. The hotel have washed their hands of it and not even offered an apology, just a statement of lies.

Would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Chose another hotel and you'll enjoy Split much more
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family