All reviews roberto cavalli lovely hotel five star hotel sea view breakfast buffet old town junior suite pool area every member of staff sand beach bacvice beach small pool beautiful terrace an easy minute walk single room walk in shower lovely bathroom
Reviewed 27 June 2016

So I read a bunch of previous reviews before booking this place and was prepared for a few disappointments. That preparation was completely unwarranted and this is my honest appraisal. If you are looking for a high end property in Split I think this is the best on offer.

Hotel Park is a superbly presented property on the beachfront in Split about ten minutes walk from the bustling (and grimy) centre of town. It is polished, refined and delivers on the essentials of a good stay: a recently refurbished room, helpful staff, inexpensive drinks and food, a solid breakfast buffet, a beautiful terrace and clean pool.

My additional observations are as follows:
- This is not a chain hotel and if you are expecting it to be you will be disappointed. In my view, it is a better property than many chains I've stayed in
- The recent renovation has made good use of a small building envelope. If you think the pool is small, then I'd ask you to point to a property this close to town with a better one or nicer terrace because I couldn't find one
- The staff were pleasant and direct without being servile
- The room is modern, comfortable and well equipped. Even the city views were pretty pleasant. Note that some have shower/bath combos so this is sometimes an issue for less ambulant guests
- The staff were happy to tailor food to my wife's preferences who was pregnant at the time of our stay. Nothing was too much trouble

Our only down side was that there were some areas of the hotel that could have benefited from a bit of extra level from housekeeping (e.g. dusting on the stairs and in the room).

Room tip: If you want a separate shower, check the room type
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HOTELPARK1921, Director of Sales at Hotel Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2016

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are honored to have a guest with such high opinion and a higher impression! We are proud we had you with us and we enjoyed your company very much! The whole Hotel Park thanks you for choosing it and therefore invites you and your wife to stay with us again anytime you decide to visit Split again!

Reviewed 27 June 2016

Best hotel in Split with really kind , professional and friendly stuff. Location of the hotel is fantastic ( 50 m from the sea and 10 min walk to old city).
Only minus . our room was small...
Breakfast was ok but there could be more fresh berries ( its Croatia - heaven of fresh vegetables and fruits! )
But overall You could not go wrong if you will book this hotel. Next time in Split I would definitely stay there again!

Room tip: Ask for bigger room!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you very much for your exquisite words! We have a few types of rooms which all differ in size, so if you choose to stay with us again you can check the sizes of our rooms on our website, or ask for the information via telephone. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2016

Close ot the beach. But it is NOT 5 star (I don't care what they say). They are very inflexible. Charge people different rates to go to and fro from the airport. Don't get me wrong, there are nice parts to the hotel. But if you're going to say you're 5 stars.... they have WORK TO DO.

I sat in the restaurant for 20 minutes, no one even came out to serve me. I had to go to the front to get someone. Limiited menu options. Room service when on the floor cleaning other rooms is LOUD!!! When you present management with a problem, there really isn't any follow through.

They knew I had a cancelled flight on the inbound, and they said, "we' re not going to charge you for the driver".... well, HELLO, I didn't use the driver, and I called to tell you my flight was cancelled. They acted as if they were doing me a favor.

Room tip: Rooms with a "view" only face the beach. Huge trees in front. So you can't really see the beach. You really get a view of trees.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2016

We really enjoyed being here. The place was so beautiful and the staff was so welcoming and helpful. We had a lovely room. We had a great breakfast, probably the best one of the trip with so many delicious choices and great service.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your wonderful words! We hope you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We invite you to stay with us again, and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

Excellent hotel in all other respects; very comfortable, good location and friendly staff.......but watch out for the 'booby-trapped' showers!
Looks like newly fitted out bathroom with half glass screen over bath and large 'rainforest' type shower head. Fatal flaw in design is that shower head is positioned more than halfway up the length of bath, outside of the section with the screen and nowhere close to the small anti slip patch. To add to the sense of peril for the unfortunate user they have neglected to fit any sort of grabrail or handhold.
Not only are you likely to soak the bathroom floor but even when you step in carefully, as I did, you have to put one foot on the sloping back section of the bath and.....THUD!!
Head butted the side of the bath and whacked knee off bath spout. Suppose I should feel lucky it wasn't the other way around, although with a bruised and bloodied knee, stiff neck and wounded pride I certainly didn't feel lucky.
After getting my breath back, cleaning myself up and getting dressed, thought I did well to restrain myself when taking my complaint to the management. However, despite showing them my injuries, patiently explaining the flaws in their bathroom design and pointing out that a slightly older and less fit guest may easily do themselves serious injury, it quickly became apparent that the management had no intention of doing anything about this.
So you have been warned. If you book this hotel either use the swimming pool to clean up or bring a crash helmet!
Shame it is a nice hotel :(

1  Thank MikeM790