All reviews old city great location good size accommodation keys
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights as part of a longer holiday in Croatia. The accommodation is easy to find and is very close to all of the main sights and restaurants. Check in was easy and the staff friendly. The reception was only manned during the day but this wasn't a problem.

We had a suite which was a good size but was very tired looking - the bathroom has seen better days and there were marks on the sofa. It wouldn't have taken much to make the room much nicer.

The room had tea and coffee making facilities but no tea or coffee which we thought unusual.

We also found the room to be noisy as we could hear furniture rearrangement from the floor above - this isn't just us being fussy - the noise was quite constant throughout our stay including late at night and early morning.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KandL63
Reviewed 1 July 2017

The hotel is located in a perfect spot , close to the old part of the city and have plenty of restaurants and shops around the corner. The reception is closed during night and early mornings with a number you can call to reach staff. But with keys you will have acces to the hotel anyway. Staff was friendly and nice during the times that i did meet them . The bed quite hard , but did manage to sleep good on it anyway . The cleaning of the room was not done proper since i have to fix my bed myself after a long day outside. The trash was not emptied at all during my 3 days stay . So the hotel is alright but with a major room for improvments , also a little minibar would be nice for the drinks you bring back to the room .

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank mattiashill
Reviewed 26 May 2017

The first room we had smelled like smoked, the staff said it was to do with the bar below and the ventilation, they could move us to another room the next day.

This however was not the biggest issue as we found out the first night. There is a bar below the rooms that is open every day/night until 2am and they play very loud music every night and it was impossible to get any sleep. The noise also carried on afterwards as people stuck around outside being very loud. There seems to be absolutely no sound proofing in this building as you can hear everything outside in the reception, people snoring in rooms next to you, and of course the noise from the bar.

The rooms are fine, location good and the staff were understanding when we complained. Vera also helped us find alternative accommodation (and arrange a part refund) as it had been unbearable for 3 nights and we needed some sleep to enjoy the rest of our holiday.

If you value a good nights sleep please stay well away from this place.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PartTimeExpl0rer
Reviewed 15 July 2016

This is definitely not a hotel but it was fine if you have the correct expectations. There is a reception with a few rooms right off the lobby - loud during the day! The room itself is clean but bare. Tiny towels in a tiny bedroom and one of those comforters that you immediately remove from the bed because you don't know where it's been. The staff smokes right outside the front door all day long. We stayed here for a night before a cruise and it served the purpose, but I wouldn't stay for longer than one night.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Lauren W
Reviewed 20 June 2016

The accommodation is of a very high standard, with quality fixtures and fittings and a very comfortable bed which was just firm enough for me and gave me my best night's sleep in a fortnight. The room, which fronted a road, remained quiet until around 07.30. Thereafter there was limited traffic noise. The window to the room was shuttered – make sure the shutters are firmly closed otherwise light shines in after sunrise – which meant there was no view, Making the room feel a little claustrophobic.. Wi-Fi is excellent, the best I enjoyed my trip. There are tea/coffee making facilities but no tea or coffee a somewhat odd oversight.

The ladies on reception speak fluent English and are extremely helpful. As has been observed elsewhere reception is only covered part-time so if you arrive early or particularly late then you might have a problem. Despite me advising my very early arrival time there was nobody to let me in until the cleaner arrived. Note, she spoke perfectly good English and was able to verify my booking, although not checked me in. There is no toilet/washroom available except in the room so if you arrive before check-in time you might need to keep your legs crossed!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo