All reviews old city great location small hotel good size accommodation luggage keys palace
Reviewed 22 September 2015

Stayed in for 2 nights in Sept 2015 after a tour. Wanted to be closer to all the tourist spots and I couldn't have picked a better spot. Great location lovely room, very clean and well appointed. Breakfast not being included was not a problem as it was so close to everything it was just perfect. And many thanks to the lovely staff who made my stay fantastic. Let me leave my luggage there and then organised a taxi for me as I had a very early departure.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Tosca62
Reviewed 24 August 2015

The Villa Olea is well situated and has all the basics apart from breakfast options. It was a good, clean room with a reasonably comfortable bed and good shower. The staff were very helpful and friendly. They made sure they knew my arrival time to be sure the front desk was staffed when I got there. It's good value and I'd recommend it.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

Hidden behind an unassuming door is a nice gem of a hotel. If you want 5 star amenities, this is not the place. But if you want a comfortable room close to attractions, great AC, and a friendly, helpful staff this is the place. I arrived before check in and they went out of their way to get my room ready. The reception staff also arrange my taxi for the airport on my departure and suggested sights to see while in town, with directions to all - and short cuts. Wifi is free and good. I would come back in a heartbeat.

Date of stay: August 2015
1  Thank etk116
Reviewed 13 July 2015

We loved this hotel and the staff. We booked four rooms and the ideal location allowed us to walk everywhere. The hotel helped us find a driver to pick us up at the airport and transport us to Dubrovnik after our stay in Split. The location was ideal and very close to the center of Split, a short walk to the waterfront, a short walk to restaurants or the vegetable and seafood market. We planned a cooking class and went to the both markets to buy the food for our class. I highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2015

Ideal location for the tourist: as close to the centre of Split as you can get without being in it. Five minutes' walk from the main bus station and a taxi rank nearby. For a good price you get a clean, good-size bedroom with en-suite facilities. No breakfast and no tea/coffee (but a kettle and cups!). Free wifi. Very welcoming, friendly and helpful staff, and a safe/secure environment.

Room tip: Wifi speed better in rooms by the reception desk. I had a room looking out on the main street but wasn't disturbed by noise.
Date of stay: June 2015