All reviews old city great location small hotel good size accommodation luggage keys palace
Reviewed 4 July 2015 via mobile

If you rented a car take care there is no parking around. No breakfast at the hotel no food aloud, no refrigerator. Rooms are ok, if you go swimming you don't have space to dry your swimming clothes. We arrived no one was on the front desk, by chance someone was going out from the hotel. I entered took the reception phone and called the recepcionist. I forgot to put in the door the signage to clean, the room stayed uncleaned.

Date of stay: July 2015
Reviewed 18 June 2015

This was the perfect place for my 5 day stay to attend a conference in Split. This villa is on a side street from the main exclusive street just ajacent to the old town. You have the port 3 minutes down the street and the old two 2 minutes. They have 9 modern clean furnished rooms with excellent internet. They are however on a second floor but with no elevator but they came down to carry my luggage up.No phone in the room but with internet and mobile it is less and less needed. If you stay for a few days you can ask to have your room refreshed. Only down side they could not print my boarding card but otherwise they were very helpful and friendly. Do not forget in most hotels in Split you need to pay in cash a hotel and city tax but it only comes to around 10$.Would definitely return given prices are around 65 euros for a good clean room.

If you are sentative to street noise you might want to ask for a room that isn't on the exclusive street side though it's not that bad and generally is only a little noisy on weekends up to 11:30 p.m.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2015

Hotel is small and modern equippped. Rooms are rather small but neat. There is no receptionist during the day. I had a quiet room. They offer no brakfast, or other kind of food, but there are some really good cafes in vicinity.

Room tip: For quiet night choose a room with view in the backyard. Rooms are allin one floor.
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank janezn2014
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel was extremely over priced for the experience. Between the building renovations, stampeding & moving of furniture from the business on the second floor above the villa, construction (which led to us not having water for one day of our stay), plus the loud talking among the staff at the reception area – well, we didn't sleep the entire 3 nights we stayed here. The villa was advertised to be one building, but it only has one floor in the building and is shared with other businesses. There is no food available and the staff is only there from 8 am -10 pm. Which didn't bother me until at 6:30 am in the morning a person was ringing the doorbell and knocking on the door for 45 minutes straight because they had forgotten their key. We refused to let this person in because we didn't feel safe. There was also a HUGE hole when you entered the building that was also dangerous. The walls of the hotel are paper thin. No privacy whatsoever. If you don’t care about getting a reasonable night’s worth of sleep then this is the place for you. The two positives were that the rooms were clean and the staff was nice. Other than that, it was a pretty terrible experience and ruined our trip in Split due to the lack of sleep.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lex295
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I had good communication with Anita initially and she kindly arranged a taxi to pick me up at the airport. The receptionist on arrival was polite and helpful. The room was clean and modern. However it was very noisy with cars driving right outside the window. I think it was on a bend and I was woken up every hour with streeching brakes and loud engine sounds. The shower was cracked so water spurted up above the shower doors and not on me. This was very disappointing and annoying as the accommodation was not cheap, and the room looked so promising. I had had a long journey and was really looking forward to a shower. As it is not a hotel, there was no receptionist that night or the next day to complain to. The cleaner was around but she was unable to speak English. She rang Anita and I spoke to her about the shower. I asked for some kind of financial compensation for this distress, I felt that was fair as I had had to pay the night before for the room. I am still waiting to hear over two weeks later whether they will or not they are will give me this. And I have not had a response to my email reminding them. That is why I am only giving them 2 stars, as I think they should at least have followed up my complaint.

Room tip: check the shower head before you take the room. check the windows are shut and the vents are closed. ask for a room away from the road
Date of stay: August 2012