All reviews old city great location good size accommodation keys
Reviewed 7 May 2015

Hotel is small and modern equippped. Rooms are rather small but neat. There is no receptionist during the day. I had a quiet room. They offer no brakfast, or other kind of food, but there are some really good cafes in vicinity.

Room Tip: For quiet night choose a room with view in the backyard. Rooms are allin one floor.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janez N
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel was extremely over priced for the experience. Between the building renovations, stampeding & moving of furniture from the business on the second floor above the villa, construction (which led to us not having water for one day of our stay), plus the loud talking among the staff at the reception area – well, we didn't sleep the entire 3 nights we stayed here. The villa was advertised to be one building, but it only has one floor in the building and is shared with other businesses. There is no food available and the staff is only there from 8 am -10 pm. Which didn't bother me until at 6:30 am in the morning a person was ringing the doorbell and knocking on the door for 45 minutes straight because they had forgotten their key. We refused to let this person in because we didn't feel safe. There was also a HUGE hole when you entered the building that was also dangerous. The walls of the hotel are paper thin. No privacy whatsoever. If you don’t care about getting a reasonable night’s worth of sleep then this is the place for you. The two positives were that the rooms were clean and the staff was nice. Other than that, it was a pretty terrible experience and ruined our trip in Split due to the lack of sleep.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lex295
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I had good communication with Anita initially and she kindly arranged a taxi to pick me up at the airport. The receptionist on arrival was polite and helpful. The room was clean and modern. However it was very noisy with cars driving right outside the window. I think it was on a bend and I was woken up every hour with streeching brakes and loud engine sounds. The shower was cracked so water spurted up above the shower doors and not on me. This was very disappointing and annoying as the accommodation was not cheap, and the room looked so promising. I had had a long journey and was really looking forward to a shower. As it is not a hotel, there was no receptionist that night or the next day to complain to. The cleaner was around but she was unable to speak English. She rang Anita and I spoke to her about the shower. I asked for some kind of financial compensation for this distress, I felt that was fair as I had had to pay the night before for the room. I am still waiting to hear over two weeks later whether they will or not they are will give me this. And I have not had a response to my email reminding them. That is why I am only giving them 2 stars, as I think they should at least have followed up my complaint.

Room Tip: check the shower head before you take the room. check the windows are shut and the vents are closed. ask for a room away from the road
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank emb0dy
Reviewed 22 August 2012 via mobile

Our last minute reservation was no problem. We stayed in the "fig" room. The room had nice new furniture and a small but nice bathroom. I think they ought to update to duvets but that's just me. Bed was comfortable. The room was basic, but in a classy way and the AC was amazing. Good location on a quiet street. Good for a short stay of a few days.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Heather Y
Reviewed 14 August 2012

This small hotel is nicely situated in the centre of Split, a walking distance from all you need on vacation - museums, restaurants & bars, entertainment, and beach (20 mins walk). But excellent mark is well deserved by the personnel - helpful, smart, attentive, respectful, with great command of English - everything you would expect from a luxury service, although this hotel is only 3 stars one. The only missing thing is a view from windows that just doesn't exist due to ground floor location. Otherwise it is an excellent choice for all kinds of travelers. Thank you Villa Olea and thank you Anita:)

Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo