“I can recommend it if you'rea theatre-goer”

Taras Shevchenko Academic Ukrainian Drama Theatre
Ranked #43 of 229 things to do in Kharkiv
Reviewed 30 August 2016

The performances are in Ukrainian, but the actors are amazing and very professional.You can watch the plays both on a big and small scenes. The repertour includes both historical performances and modern ones. It's the best Ukrainian theatre I've ever been.

Reviewed 15 February 2016

Can recommend to everyone to visit this theatre. Good variety of plays, very good actors. Really this is the best theatre in our city!

Reviewed 9 February 2016

Very good actors play there. I enjoy every time I visit this theatre. Only keep in mind that now there is no plays you can visit without understanding Ukrainian language, though they had some plays without words, but it's out of repertoire now.

1  Thank Orest Z
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This play was so good that I even forgot about my incomplete Ukrainian language understanding.
The actors, especially main characters Jack and Leo, were great. I lough till my face was hurting. The theater was full and at the end it were well deserved standing ovations.

Ticket prices are $5 - $7 in 2013.

I'll definitely bring my husband who speaks only English to see this play during our next Kharkov visit. I am sure that he will understand (without words) and enjoy it.

1  Thank Yelena Z
See more reviews
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I cannot say I'm very familiar with this theatre's repertoire but I saw a one play. That was not the best I saw but not the worse.

1  Thank jaleed