“Best theatre in the city”

Taras Shevchenko Academic Ukrainian Drama Theatre
Ranked #43 of 229 things to do in Kharkiv
Reviewed 15 February 2016

Can recommend to everyone to visit this theatre. Good variety of plays, very good actors. Really this is the best theatre in our city!

Reviewed 9 February 2016

Very good actors play there. I enjoy every time I visit this theatre. Only keep in mind that now there is no plays you can visit without understanding Ukrainian language, though they had some plays without words, but it's out of repertoire now.

1  Thank Orest Z
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This play was so good that I even forgot about my incomplete Ukrainian language understanding.
The actors, especially main characters Jack and Leo, were great. I lough till my face was hurting. The theater was full and at the end it were well deserved standing ovations.

Ticket prices are $5 - $7 in 2013.

I'll definitely bring my husband who speaks only English to see this play during our next Kharkov visit. I am sure that he will understand (without words) and enjoy it.

1  Thank Yelena Z
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I cannot say I'm very familiar with this theatre's repertoire but I saw a one play. That was not the best I saw but not the worse.

1  Thank jaleed
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 December 2012

This theatre is an adornment of this part of Sumskaya street. It was considered to be one of the best theatre buildings in Russian provinces of the 19th century. It was constructed by the first achitect of the city Ton but later it was reconstructed by Architect Mikhajlovskiy adding some French Renaissance features to its façade.

From 1922 till 1933 it had the name "Berezil Theatre" until 1933 ( the capital of Ukraine moved to Kiev). On the basis of Berezil Theatre in 1935 the theatre has got the name Taras Shevchenko theatre commemorating 120 anniversary of Ukrainian poet’s birth..

2  Thank OlgaGuide