“9 days at Hotel Rustica”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Casa Rustica

Hotel Casa Rustica
Ranked #45 of 82 Hotels in Antigua
Ottawa, Canada
“9 days at Hotel Rustica”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Hotel Rustica downtown Antigua has everything a traveller needs. I learned that the owners also have furnished apartments for rent a few blocks away on the 6th Avenida North. I stayed at these apartments last April to 'test" if it was worthy of a longer stay (a few months in Antigua this coming winter). It's very quiet, clean, safe and modern. Yes, I'm going back to stay there this winter as a home away from home. Maybe I shouldn't tell you this, there may not be any vacancy for my stay!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank trebla L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Casa Rustica for two nights, although it was one night with a two week break, then back again for another night. I booked a single room with private bathroom. I also used the shuttle service booked through the hotel, to go to Copan Ruinas (the first time) then to Panajachel the second time. The first time I checked in was during the afternoon. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. I found my room to be clean and the hotel had all amenities I could need (T.V., Wifi, cold beer for purchase in the lobby). There were also laundry facilities which I did not use. The hotel is just a couple of blocks from the main square which offers a large choice of restaurants and bars. The second time I checked in was after the hotel "closes" at 8pm. The night watchman was expecting me and checked me in with no issues and was also very pleasant. I had the same rooom and again found it to be clean and welcoming. There were a lot of reviews that I read that mentioned the noise from a nearby bar and a cockeral. Both nights that I stayed was a Friday night. The first Friday, I was so tierd from my travels that while I could certainly hear the music it did not keep me from falling asleep. I noticed the noise more on my second stay. While I would say that it is loud, I had no issues falling asleep. I guess this would be a personal thing as to wether it would bother you or not. The cockeral, while I could hear it slightly, was a non issue for me.

I founf the hotel to be well located, clean, with warm and friendly staff. I would definately stay there again should my travels takes me to Antigua.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Bristol, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

This hotel is super friendly and clean. I was here with my 4 year old and we were made to feel very welcome. The hotel is not as expensive as many of a similar quality and has good communal areas so if you're travelling on your own you can get to know the staff and other guests. It's very handy to have a communal kitchen so that breakfasts, late snacks etc are easy to manage and you don't always have to eat out. The staff keep the place spotlessly clean! Jorge, who works nights was particularly helpful out of hours when I found that my planned travel arrangements had fallen through. He also woke us at 4am when we needed to get to the airport early. I'd recommend this place as safe, clean and friendly.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Playas del Coco, Costa Rica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Antigua is a very special place to visit.
This hotel is just around the corner of down town Antigua.
Lots of restaurants within a 10 minute walk.
Friendly staff.
You can book all your tours with them with no additional cost.
Clean rooms; some of them with own bathroom.
Firm mattresses but some are a bit noisy and smaller than a queen size.
Cable TV in the room but don't expect a good quality.
Wi-Fi in the room.
You have to like dogs, they have three very friendly dogs.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Playas del Coco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

The location is perfect. everything is in walking distance. They do write have a note of apology in the room for the noise in the weekend, so you are warned, but it was blues music and it made us sleep very easily. Very friendly people and super great dogs.
The first thing I noticed was the cleanliness. Super! Wifi and hot water !!! We had a private room with bathroom in the room and for a 4 night we received a good discount even when we broke them up, 2 in the beginning of the trip and 2 at the end! I would recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple