“Great experience!”

Xibalba Joyas
Ranked #7 of 40 Shopping in Antigua
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Hand made jewels from the heart of Guatemala. Here you can not only see our jewelry exhibition but you can also create a jewel with your own hands! Inspired by the beauty of our country, we share the experience of transforming a stone into a unique jewel. While you are working on your jewel, we share with you interesting information about the Mayan culture and the characteristics of Jade and other minerals. Our team is conformed by a group of local artists with over 25 years of experience in the work of stones and jewelery. A unique variety of gems famous for their beauty around the world are waiting for you to transform them into a jewel created by yourself! The only workshop in the region where you will like this incredible experience!!!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I was looking for an artisan activity to do during my stay in Antiuga and checked out Xibalba at the recommendation of my hostel and it did not disappoint! The ability to create any design or shape that you want and pick out your own raw piece of jade was what makes this experience so special - you really get to make a piece of jewelry that is unique to YOU! Working one on one with Oscar was very fun, he has a great sense of humor and is clearly great at what he does. I definitely recommend this activity if you are looking for a one-of-a-kind momento to bring back home

XibalbaJoyas, Propietario at Xibalba Joyas, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for visiting us and letting us share a little bit of our culture with you. Jade is one of our national treasures and its part of our history and culture. We are very happy that you get to take a piece of Guatemala with you! Its great to hear you enjoyed the experience as much as the piece you made! Please visit us again when ever you are in Antigua.

All reviews
"amazing pieces"
"modern designs"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this store"
"great store"
"activity"
"process"
"class"

Reviewed 31 March 2018

This store is so beautiful, I wish I would have found it sooner. We came in on the recommendation that they do amazing custom work, and we were not disappointed. The customer service is top notch, and they really work with you to craft your perfect vision. They even show you their work room and take you through the process of cutting, carving, and polishing jade. This store is one-of-a-kind, and I will come back every time I'm in Antigua.

XibalbaJoyas, Propietario at Xibalba Joyas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

We are very glad that you had a wonderful experience and that we were able to create for you what you had in mind! Its was a pleasure for us to create a unique gem with you! Come back to visit us soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2018

We visited Xibalba Joyas while on a vacation in Antigua. They have beautiful, unique jewelry to fit all tastes - modern, classic and everything in between. They specialize in using Guatemalan jade and quartz but also have pieces made of granite, lapis lazuli, and other stones. Paola, who works there, was extremely helpful and knowledgeable and was able to quickly switch out a chain for a necklace we ended up purchasing. Highly recommend this store for high-quality, well-priced souvenirs you can keep forever.

XibalbaJoyas, Propietario at Xibalba Joyas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

It was our pleasure to have you here. Enjoy your necklace and come visit on your next trip to Antigua!!!

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I visited Antigua and ran across this store and absolutely loved the stones and designs of items!!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 March 2018

I have visited Antigua yearly for the past 20 years with many guests. I first visited Xibalba Joyas in 2012 when if first opened. I have watched its growth and designs of fine jewelry. I was impressed that they use recycled silver from medical Xrays. More recently they have had more stone sources other than jade and have opened their factory to hands-on jewelry production for children and adults. I have two grandsons ages 9 and 11 whom I will bring on my next visit to Antigua.

XibalbaJoyas, Propietario at Xibalba Joyas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

It was so great to have you here again! It feels great to know you{ve been watching us grow. Please come visit on your next trip to Antigua