All reviews upstairs patio bed room staff was very friendly and helpful within walking distance wonderful stay courtyard flowers
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

It was one of the worst experiences with hotels i've ever had. Starting with The parking lot it has nails and glass all over i got a flat tire. It was expensive and the room extremely little as was the bathroom .But not only was it little the bathroom has no windows and you can smell everything in the room, the shower floor dirty. Honestly i've stayed in plenty hotels in Antigua and i've had my money's worth paying 10 bucks a night with a huge better experience then this one.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
mexicohicks1, Owner at Hotel Las Camelias Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

We are thankful for the comments, truthful or not. Our parking lot is clean, only has gravel (no nails or glass). If this guest got a flat tire, he got something in his tire before arriving and as the car sit in our free parking lot, the tire lost air.

Our hotel is a budget hotel ($40 to $65 for a double room). We offer cheaper small doubles with 1 bed for peopl on a budget. Then, for $10 more, you get a larger double with 2 beds. So, yes, you get what you pay for. Either way, we feel you get a good value for your money. Please keep this in mind when booking a double with 1 bed or a double with 2 beds. Also, if you choose the cheaper room, please do not write us a bad review just because YOU choose the cheaper room.

Our hotel is a quiet location for a good nights sleep. We also have a huge rooftop terrace with great views and lots of lounging spots.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Excelente Hotel pregunten por Abi buenísima persona, la terraza es excelente, la atención muy buena, hay cerveza todo está súper bien, grandes precios me encanto espero regresar pronto.

Excellent Hotel ask for Abi on the Front Desk great person, the roof is spectacular, the attention is good, they have Beer everything is good, very good prices, hope to return soon and they accept the change on dollars at $7.25 a little bit more so is cool and good for the budget.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2017

A bit difficult to rate this one. I had a single room - a real budget room. Clean but not much bigger than the bed. No AC but roof fan. The room got quite warm and a bit humid (rainy season). There was a heavy rain and the bath room roof leaked slightly. TV and Wi-Fi. What increases my rating is the lovely roof terrace and nice staff. They don't run a restaurant but they do serve a nice breakfast and there are several restaurants nearby. If you're looking for a budget stay I would definitely recommend this one, but next time I will go for a double room!

Room tip: The single rooms are very small, might be worth to go for a double room.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2017

Clean, quiet, the personnel very helpful, my family and I enjoyed our stay. The gardens and view beautiful, even the Sunday's breakfast they offer is good. The only thing I didn't like was that the bathrooms don't have a plug in for hear dryers.

Room tip: Overall the is a quiet hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Honestly.. I just wanted a nice weekend in Antigua to eat good food but I was unable to have a good nights sleep because we were in the smallest room Ive ever been in with the most uncomfortable bed Ive ever layed on. Definitely expected more for what I paid for.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

We are thankful for the comments, truthful or not. Our hotel is a budget hotel ($40 to $65 for a double room), and we are not the Mariott. We offer cheaper small doubles with 1 bed for peopl on a budget. Then, for $10 more, you get a larger double with 2 beds. So, yes, you get what you pay for. Either way, we feel you get a good value for your money. Please keep this in mind when booking a double with 1 bed or a double with 2 beds. Also, if you choose the cheaper room, please do not write us a bad review just because YOU choose the cheaper room.