“Good Pit Stop”
Review of Island Coffee

Island Coffee
Ranked #6 of 6 Quick Bites in Nantucket
Reviewed 8 September 2018

After our time at the Whaling Museum, we felt the need for a pick me up. We stopped here by chance and it proved to be a very good choice. We ordered cappuccinos which hit the spot. In addition to a nice varieties of coffees and teas, there is a variety of other beverages as well as sweets. Easy to find going from one attraction to another.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 15 August 2018

If you’re walking up from the ferry or waiting for the ice cream line at Juice Bar to thin out, the espresso drinks are fine. Otherwise, go to the Bean.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018

We had lattes at three coffee shops on Nantucket, and this was my least favorite. First, the service was EXTREMELY slow. It took forever to make two lattes, and it wasn't very busy when we were there. The person making our lattes, who I assume was the owner, greeted everyone who came in if he knew them, but didn't acknowledge me because I wasn't a regular. Probably a bad idea if you're trying to get new business. Also, he made a negative comment to another customer about "chains" (i.e., Starbucks, my favorite place) and how "they" make their macchiatos. Well, here's some advice: people buy macchiatos from Starbucks because they're good - you would sell more of them if you followed suit. Also, you wouldn't be selling lattes or anything of the sort in this country if it weren't for Starbucks, so my advice is to be a bit more grateful. Next time I'm on Nantucket, I'll be getting my lattes from one of the other coffee shops.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Island coffee was part of our morning routine while on the island. There was always a line but it moved along. Friendly service and great coffee.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Love the hot chocolate - best I have ever had anywhere. And while I wait in line I love to hear the conversations of the other customers. We become friends easily as the chatter is all about the day. The owner is wonderfully pleasant, even in between the nor'easters that have caused bad flooding and mucked up the inside of this very special "tiny" shop. Good things come in small packages here. And great muffins as well.

Date of visit: April 2018