“Big Sandwiches”
Review of Stubby's

Stubby's
Ranked #52 of 151 Restaurants in Nantucket
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

The service was fast and they packed it up for us to take on a picnic. But I wish I had known in advance how big the sandwiches were because we could have just gotten one and split it. We ended up each getting an $11 sandwich (chicken salad and turkey) and only eating half of it. We got chips and drinks (Nantucket Nectar, of course) to top it all off. This place is convenient to the wharf and the bike shops and a good place to get your take out lunch.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Could not find anything open on a Tursday afternoon (1:30) so hunger pains forced us to eat at Stubby's.
Frozen beef patties IMO, frozen fish sticks and frozen fries.
The guy at the bike shop next door suggested we eat at the Stop n Shop (I had to use his bathroom because Stubbys did not have public facilities).
By then it was too late. My wife had already ordered me a burger and fish and chips for herself. Did not finish any single thing.
Mrs.Pauls has better quality fish and the burger was luke warm. It was 51° in December and the weather was warmer than my burger. 6 pieces of fried onion topped off my worst burger experience since I bought a box of "Beef Patties" at Murray's Steaks 15 years ago.
My advice is go to Stop n Shop, get a small pack of bologna and small loaf of bread...

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

My husband stopped in for a quick sandwich to go. He loves Cuban sandwiches and decided to try theirs. He stated it was one of the best he's ever had- and he tries them everywhere we go!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Since many Nantucket restaurants are closed in mid-afternoon, we stumbled across Stubby's while looking for something to tide us over until dinner. The chowder was wonderful, and very reasonable for Nantucket pricing. While there, we saw steady stream of locals stopping in for take out. We'd definitely go back for lunch or inexpensive dinner.

1  Thank SummerLager
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

With all the fine dining opportunities on Nantucket, sometimes you just need a good greasy burger or fried chicken sandwich with a side of fries. This is the place. Good, quick, reasonably cheap (by Nantucket standards) and satisfying. The fries are crispy as is the fried chicken. Just wish they had beer to wash it all down.