“Great breakfast spot and BYOB”
Review of Fog Island Cafe

Fog Island Cafe
Ranked #7 of 151 Restaurants in Nantucket
Price range: USD 0 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Long wait but for a good reason, this is a great breakfast spot. Warm and friendly service. The owner is the host taking names at the door a very nice guy. Once inside the space was cozy and clean we both enjoyed the eggs Benedict , the eggs were cooked perfectly, the potatoes crisp and flavorful , and the coffee hot and free refills. The best part is it is BYOB so many patrons enjoying Bloody Marys and Mimosas that they were knowledgeable enough to bring along.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Loved this place! My husband and I visited during Memorial Day weekend 2018. On our first visit, we had to wait a bit outside before being seated. Go with ample time before your breakfast so that you can prepare for a wait. We didn’t have too wait long, luckily.

On our first visit, I had Benny & the Jets, meanwhile my husband had the Meat Lover’s Benny. Both DELICIOUS! I would say, not to order beans unless you really want them. I was somewhat nauseous before our visit and seeing a half-plate of black beans wasn’t exactly what I wanted next to my eggs benny. That however, was my fault. I should’ve opted for the home fries instead. My husband loved his dish as well. He did say the one downside to this place is the coffee. He said the coffee is horrible... probably some of the worst coffee he has ever had!

On the second day we ate here we ordered the Tucket and The Burrito. I was under the impression the Tucket came with yellow cheddar; instead, it came with white cheddar which I wasn’t a fan of. The sandwich was delicious - simply wish I would’ve asked for the cheese to be substituted for something else that I would’ve enjoyed more. That aside, both meals were delicious. Again, my husband complained about the “terrible coffee”.

We also had an order of the French roast which was fluffy, delicious, and tasty!

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Our favorite breakfast spot. Omelettes are outstanding - mine had Brie, spinach, camelized onions, and mushrooms. Pancakes w cinnamon was also strong. Line outside reflects demand but moves rather quickly. Compliments to the owners.

Reviewed 19 May 2018

We loved Nantucket but we were unprepared for the few affordable, casual options for dining. Fog Island is the exception — good food, a casual atmosphere, and prices that aren’t stratospheric. But, it’s only open for breakfast or lunch. We had both breakfast and lunch here, and the eggs, sandwiches and salads were well prepared and tasty. No complaints about service, which was laid back and friendly but efficient.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Really good breakfast. Big menu and lots of options. Perfect if you are looking for a great place to eat on the island