“Gorgeous location, but very over rated”
Review of Topper's

Topper's
Reserve with OpenTable
Topper's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 144 Restaurants in Nantucket
Price range: USD 50 - USD 50
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Nantucket Town is nine miles from The Wauwinet. The inn provides complimentary jitney service 12 times daily from 9 AM to 11 PM. We pick up from the Information Bureau on Federal Street, we also pick up from the White Elephant Hotel from 6.00pm-8.00pm on the hour.
Reviewed 27 August 2017

We had a lovely sunset cocktails at Toppers. This was the most beautiful location!
We have been many times, but this past dinner was disappointing. The food is so expensive for what you get. I had a hamburger that was average at best and my other half had fish. I asked for a piece of lettuce for my hamburger and they charged me another $10. so $38. was what my hamburger cost. The waitress doesn't have common sense to ask her boss if it was okay to give us a piece of lettuce. The presentation for both entrees were average. Nothing special. The chowder was okay, but one can get a better meal anywhere on the island for 1/3 the price. Time for better management..

Reviewed 25 August 2017

I was part of a special celebration for about 25 people. Banquet Manager Jennifer Hudson made everything run smoothly and was ready to meet every need. The food and service were wonderful and the setting couldn't be nicer. A true gem on this remarkable island.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Over the course of a celebration weekend, we dined several times @Toppers. Each of the meals exceeded our expectations for quality of food and level of service. At dinner staff, tastefully, acknowledged our anniversary. Our main server, Doyd, was very professional and personable. The amuse bouche was creatively presented--a nest with "hatched" eggs filled with the popcorn-capped treat!. The brown bread was addictive. (The recipe is provided on a postcard presented with the bill.)The summer salad course was an interesting blend of seasonal produce. Entrees and dessert did not disappoint.
On our arrival day, we enjoyed the lobster/crab cakes on the deck. The weekend brunch menu has several fun festive choices-champagne donuts!
The meals contributed to wonderful memories.

Jennifer H, Manager at Topper's, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear tastful_10,
Thank you so much for joining us on multiple occasions during your stay here at The Wauwinet. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor readers, and were so pleased to hear your compliments! I will be sure to pass along your comments to our team especially Doyd.

I hope we will see you again soon back at TOPPER'S.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

I thought Toppers was very good, but the prix fixe menu seemed like they were trying just a little bit too hard to craft unusual meals or pairings. The staff was terrific.

Dear William J,
Thank you so much for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and hope you will return again.
While our Fine dining presentations are certainly well articulated presentations of unique ingredients, we pride ourselves on trying to support local products as much as possible. Chef takes great stock in truly highlighting ingredients that we are so happy to be able to offer. Of course we always have the TOPPER'S deck menu for those trying to enjoy the more casual comfort food approach as well.

Thank you again for your comments. I will be certain to pass along to the team.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

We have eaten at Topper's at the end of our vacation over the past fifteen years, and try several other places on Nantucket each year. Topper's has remained, consistently, at the top. After enjoying sunset, the table was ready for our party of 8, and we were served in a pleasant, unhurried way. Igor the sommelier led us through the terrific, comprehensive wine list, which has the best collection of Cote Rotie I have ever seen. He was really wanted us to enjoy it and comped a few glasses for different people to try, in addition to the bottles we ordered. Across the table, everything was great-- lamb, halibut, oysters, desert. The foie gras was the only portion that fell from "outstanding" to "very good".

Dear Dan M,
Thank you so much for your testimony of a wonderful evening. I will be sure to share your review with our team here at TOPPER'S and your comments in regards to food with our culinary team as well. We always appreciate any helpful feedback in this department.

I hope we will see you again soon.