Nantucket Inn(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
76 Main(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
USD 602
  • Breakfast included
USD 922
The Cottages at Nantucket Boat Basin(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
USD 732
USD 710
The Veranda House Hotel Collection(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
USD 401
Seven Sea Street Inn(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
USD 423
Travelocity
The Beachside(Nantucket)
USD 468
USD 441
Priceline
The Nantucket Hotel & Resort(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
USD 849
All reviewsdaniel websterbagelsno elevatorsingle roomin townbeautiful insidethe main houseoff seasoncontinental breakfastcomfortable bedsmall roomheart of downtownold houseour honeymoonrestaurants and shopswonderful staywhite elephant
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

This was our 9 summer staying at the Jared Coffin House. The rooms purport to be quaint. Really, they are old and dated. Floors are uneven. Windows of shutters. No shades. So it's hard to block out light. Outlets are hard to reach. Little storage for toiletries in the bathroom. No elevator. Quality of staff varies. Paula retired and they lost the one employee who seemed to actually care.

This was the first visit that they told us about a free car service provided by the hotel. 9 visits and we just find out.

Walls are thin and you can easily hear your neighbors. My wife mentioned that to the staff. "Oh we know. We hear that all the time". Ice is only available on the first floor.

Doors in the rooms don't close properly. The hotel needs a ton of work.

The only plus is its location. Shorts walks to anywhere down town.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Jason C, General Manager at Jared Coffin House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Dear joshjan,

I appreciate you providing feedback on your most recent stay at the Jared Coffin House. While I am happy that you found our location to be a plus, I was disappointed to hear that you did not feel that the rest of your stay was up to our usual high standards. While we understand that you did experience some ambient noise issues during your stay, please note that this is an isolated issue and we are in the beginning stages of addressing this problem. Along with this, we are in the process of renovating all of our guest bathrooms with a more modern, updated design and we will be adding many other enhancements to our hotel in the coming months that will better serve our guests. We encourage you to return to the hotel to see all of the added features for yourself and I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly, should you wish to discuss your stay further. I can be reached at 508-638-5451.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

I was geared up to love this place, but I was disappointed in much of the experience. The pre-arrival concierge team seems like a great idea, but the woman I spoke with to reserve sailing tour was very distracted with helping someone else while ahe was speaking with me--a problem that could have been avoided if she had offered to transfer me to someone else or even to call me back. Apparently they have several properties, and when I asked for directions to a bike shop for when I arrived, she thought I was staying in Wauwinet and said I wouldn't have time to get there, which was not true. That should have been my tip-off. She also quoted me a lower price than what the sailing tour actually cost--just another thing that should have been a warning sign.

When I arrived, the woman at the front desk seemed very confused that I was there before check-in, although they provide luggage storage in case guests arrive earlier in the day as I did (and 1:00pm is not that early for a 3:00pm check-in time). When she called me a few minutes later to let me know my room was ready, she still had to fix my key cards, which took several minutes. She also kept apologizing for the wait and said someone would show me to my room shortly. After a while she just told me to go on up. After exploring several corridors and going up and down a couple of flights of stairs, I found my room on my own through a doorway that I happened to think I should give it a try.

After I left, I realized I'd misplaced my jewelry bag, so called to ask if they found it. The person I spoke with said they would check and call me right back. After an hour of waiting for them to call me back, I called again and asked about my bag. That person went to look and said they had it and would mail it back to me. I asked them to email me a tracking number (I don't think that's asking too much), and I gave him my email address. I never received an email that it was sent, but thankfully I did receive the bag. They also charged me twice what the postage was, but I was just glad to have it back.

In all, it seemed as though letting things sort of fall through the cracks is commonplace. I did not have a horrendous stay, but I doubt I'll be a return guest.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Jason C, General Manager at Jared Coffin House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear QuickWhitTravel,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I would like to apologe for the miscommunications that you experienced during your stay. This is not the standard we strive for and I am looking into each situation personally. As you can see from our other reviews, we typically receive very positive feedback regarding our employees and the service that they provide to our guests, so to hear that you did not have the same experience is not something that I take lightly. I did review the shipping charge you mentioned in your review and I have issued a full refund for the total cost of mailing your bag, due to the inconvenience that this caused.
I would welcome the opportunity to personally review any of your concerns further. I may be reached at 508-638-5451. Once again, I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us, and I look forward to talking with you soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 6 July 2017

We stayed at the JCH the week prior to the July 4th weekend, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff was wonderful and friendly--at every position! The Inn was historic and quaint, yet clean and well kept. We were in the King Family Suite that has a fold out sofa bed, though never used it. The room was on the first floor in the back in a quiet alcove--we heard no noise except for an occasional whistling pipe from someone turning water on and off. The bed was very comfortable, and the room nicely furnished. The bathroom was serviceable, though small and in need of updating. The continental breakfast was OK--not a very large selection of items, but got the job done.

Of course, the location was excellent and close to all in-town restaurants and shops.

In my opinion, it is falls in service and amenities in between a hotel like Nantucket Hotel or White Elephant, and the scores of B&Bs in town. Ditto for the price per night. We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Jason C, General Manager at Jared Coffin House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Dear nantucketdreamer,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly and that you found our staff to be wonderful and friendly. They take pride in the work that they do and I will be sure to pass your comments on to them.

In regards to our bathrooms, we are very pleased to announce that we are in the process of fully remodeling our guest bathrooms with an elegant and updated look, including new fixtures, modern tile and top-quality showers with glass doors.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Jared Coffin House in the near future.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Really enjoyed our stay at Jared Coffin House. Staff was phenomenal, and very accommodating to all of our needs, and incredibly friendly. They sincerely wanted us to have a great experience. They provided towels, beach chairs, and cold water for the beach, and even gave us a ride to the beach the day we arrived. Proximity to town, buses, restaurants, bike rentals, whaling museum is unbeatable. Everything is right there. Continental breakfast was more than adequate to start our day. The coffee cake was particularly good. Van Morrison playing on the old Crossley phonograph during breakfast enhanced the experience. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Jason C, General Manager at Jared Coffin House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Dear Bike2anywhere,

Thank you for your review and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay so immensely. I was especially happy to hear how phenomenal you found our staff to be and that you enjoyed all of our complimentary services. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Jared Coffin House for your next visit to Nantucket.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

I'm not usually a fan of older inns, but Jared Coffin House was a good experience! Customer service was great and the rooms were comfortable and clean. The only negative was the thin wall. I could easily hear the conversations going on in the next room. Other than that, a very good stay.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Jason C, General Manager at Jared Coffin House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Dear JNev1914,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the Jared Coffin House and that you enjoyed the service our staff provided during your stay. I was sorry to hear that you had some concerns regarding the noise level of other guests and it is something that we will be looking into in the hope that we will be able to provide a better guest experience for future stays.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.