All reviews halibut nantucket restaurant portuguese tile heated floors appetizer special velvet curtains flat iron steak dinner with friends library bar luxury hotel brussel sprouts two nights broad street the general manager in town first timers my favorite part
Reviewed 27 August 2018

We had a wonderful visit to Nantucket at the beginning of August. So good, that we decided to return the following weekend!

Our first weekend stay was at the Nantucket Hotel, which, while nice, was definitely geared more towards families. We noticed Greydon House during our stay and wanted to stay here on our return, though good luck booking a hotel room on an August weekend in Nantucket 2 days prior.....

However, after many calls, we were able to book a suite one night and a standard room for the next 2 nights, which was nice to give us a perspective on multiple room types.

Though we arrived early, the staff stored our bags and gave us a nice bag with towels to head to the beach. When check-in time arrived we went to our suite and were blown away by the unique decor and design in the room. With a nod to New England/Nantucket but done in a very current mindset - we appreciated the unique detail (think hand painted tile in the bathroom).

As NYC residents, we also appreciated the sound machines in the room to drown out any noise as the hotel is set right in town!

The staff was SUPER attentive and offered our choice of the standard rooms the next day. The level of service was noteworthy and made the stay that much better - truly was overdelivered by the staff.

I actually liked the standard room better as the ceilings in the suite were angled (it is an old building) and thought the layout was a bit more straight forward.

All in all, would highly recommend the stay for the discerning traveler that appreciates a tasteful, boutique vibe with top-notch service!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hurricane8879
Tracy E, Front Office Manager at Greydon House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing Greydon House for your recent travels.

Commitment to service and guest satisfaction is a main focus and we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. The pride and dedication our hotel team takes in providing exceptional customer service to our valued guests speaks strongly to our company's core values, 'good service at a fair price.'

Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Kind regards,
Tracy Ann Edwards Gaskin
Front Desk/Rooms Manager
Greydon House
tedwards@greydonhouse.com
508-228-2468

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Greydon House is one of the newest restaurants on the island and it shows. It’s interior is stylish and it’s outdoor seating offers commanding views of town. It’s trendiness extends to the portion sizes, which are on the small side, but delicious and worth splurging on.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nyr38
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

What a beautiful addition to this island! We had dinner with friends and had a meal that would have been regarded as superb anywhere in the world

No expense was spared in the furnishings. Even the smallest details were thought out.

The staff were extraordinarily attentive and helpful.

The special tonite was a lobster gazpacho. Very special. Scallops, halibut, pasta and desert could not have been better

We are coming back for more

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2018

I spent an over-the-top amount of time researching just the right spot for our short baby moon stay in Nantucket. My husband does not love bed and breakfast scenarios, but I wanted something a little more intimate. We found Greydon House to be exactly what we hoped. From the super comfy bed to the heated floors in the bathroom and white noise machine, there were thoughtful details everywhere we looked. The rooms are not very large, but offer everything you need. The location was excellent as well, close to the ferry, Affordable Rentals (also highly recommend), and many fabulous options for dining. I suppose our stay was pre-shoulder season, as many dining and shopping establishments were not open yet, but we loved our stay and Greydon House. Be advised breakfast is more of a continental breakfast scenario, which was fine by us.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2018

I will in a full review( having enjoyed this island for many years)and are hoping they adjust my credit card for ridiculous charges including a parking permit? I live off island?Doesnt a permit expire once you leave? like a room key?they never told me they had no parking lot..When we arrived in july our reservation was made in may. It did not appear that they paid attention t0 us? I was charged over $850 per nite for a 12x14 rear room.We killed 10 flies and were allergic to the dog hair in the rugging. We insited on another room which they showed us then said they made a mistake? We couldn't take anymore and left after the third nite. They kept $2400 of my money, told me it was busy and they would rent our room and not charge me for the inconvience.I think they rented the room for $2400 and kept my $2400 deposit?This is an underhanded place BE CAREFUL they take no prisioners! The established classic places abound, don't waste time and money here?The good reviews cant be from people who know the island or have stayed on it. At best this is a loud kids place to stay

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family