All reviews halibut nantucket restaurant portuguese tile heated floors appetizer special velvet curtains flat iron steak dinner with friends library bar luxury hotel brussel sprouts two nights broad street the general manager in town first timers my favorite part
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Greydon House is one of the newest restaurants on the island and it shows. It’s interior is stylish and it’s outdoor seating offers commanding views of town. It’s trendiness extends to the portion sizes, which are on the small side, but delicious and worth splurging on.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nyr38
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

What a beautiful addition to this island! We had dinner with friends and had a meal that would have been regarded as superb anywhere in the world

No expense was spared in the furnishings. Even the smallest details were thought out.

The staff were extraordinarily attentive and helpful.

The special tonite was a lobster gazpacho. Very special. Scallops, halibut, pasta and desert could not have been better

We are coming back for more

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2018

I spent an over-the-top amount of time researching just the right spot for our short baby moon stay in Nantucket. My husband does not love bed and breakfast scenarios, but I wanted something a little more intimate. We found Greydon House to be exactly what we hoped. From the super comfy bed to the heated floors in the bathroom and white noise machine, there were thoughtful details everywhere we looked. The rooms are not very large, but offer everything you need. The location was excellent as well, close to the ferry, Affordable Rentals (also highly recommend), and many fabulous options for dining. I suppose our stay was pre-shoulder season, as many dining and shopping establishments were not open yet, but we loved our stay and Greydon House. Be advised breakfast is more of a continental breakfast scenario, which was fine by us.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2018

I will in a full review( having enjoyed this island for many years)and are hoping they adjust my credit card for ridiculous charges including a parking permit? I live off island?Doesnt a permit expire once you leave? like a room key?they never told me they had no parking lot..When we arrived in july our reservation was made in may. It did not appear that they paid attention t0 us? I was charged over $850 per nite for a 12x14 rear room.We killed 10 flies and were allergic to the dog hair in the rugging. We insited on another room which they showed us then said they made a mistake? We couldn't take anymore and left after the third nite. They kept $2400 of my money, told me it was busy and they would rent our room and not charge me for the inconvience.I think they rented the room for $2400 and kept my $2400 deposit?This is an underhanded place BE CAREFUL they take no prisioners! The established classic places abound, don't waste time and money here?The good reviews cant be from people who know the island or have stayed on it. At best this is a loud kids place to stay

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Steven B
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and two College age sons came here for a long weekend after a very difficult month, losing my 93 year old father. This was a way for us to reconnect. When I made the reservation, I explained I wanted a space that was private but connected. Evan was amazing and connected us with a site where we could all have our own space to absorb the events of the last month and still be together.

The hotel is stunning. When you step inside you feel like you are in your own intimate, comforting world. Dark woods, velvet curtains and a laid back vibe. The rooms are intimate and filled with artifacts of the island. The amenities are first class.

The restaurant is chic and intimate as well. I can’t think of a more intimate cocoon on Nantucket than the Greydon House.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank WinsorTraveler
Tracy E, Front Office Manager at Greydon House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Dear WinsorTraveler-

We're are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us after having a difficult month. Evan is a great asset in our industry....yes , our designers i must say did an amazing job . We look forward to another visit soon .

Best ,