“Nice place to casually eat”
Review of Ashland Ale House

Ashland Ale House
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

The Ale House can be crowded at peak times, other times it is easy to be seated quickly. The meals are well prepared, delivered with a smile just like the other restaurants managed by this owner.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I've eaten at the Ashland House on many occasions and the food has always been excellent. I have not had a bad meal here. It is very loud but the food makes it worth going back.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

So one day my wife and I were shopping at the 'Basket, and we looked over and saw this place. It looked like it wasn't open, though, but we approached just to double check. I opened the door and it was dark, as my eyes adjusted, I saw a lot of people sitting at various tables and the bar. the place was packed and it was lunch time! So we sat down, and our waitress promptly told us about the free soup of the day. I got us a few cups of that while my wife looked at the menu. We ordered a few burgers and boy were they great. The fires, the onion rings, all amazingly good. the buns, so soft. So much care had been put into this food, more than a lot of places. We will be back. Loved it. And so unexpected in this little plaza. cheers to the owners and operators and the whole crew. You all rock! Thanks for making this an unexpectedly amazing lunch.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I took our son and his girlfriend to the Ashland Ale House to celebrate his birthday. They had a great selection of beer and the food was good. My wife had the Pistol Pete's Burger which she said was really good and I had the Gorgonzola steak tips which were also really good. My son had the fish and chips and his girlfriend had the Buffalo Pizza. Everybody was satisfied with their meals and we probably had seven beers between the four of us, all of it delicious. The total bill including a fairly generous tip was about $125. Not the cheapest lunch but not the most expensive either. If you are looking for Fine Food this is not the place. It's good delicious food but not spectacular. We are happy that we spent our lunch at the Ale House and would return again. My only real complaint would be that it's a little loud in there because the ceiling is made of decorative tin.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

There's an old joke: two old people are complaining about their summer resort, and one says, "The food here is terrible!" And the other says, "Yes, and such small portions!"

Ashland Ale House is focused on fixing this problem: if the food can't be any good, be sure to bring it in bucket-loads.

If your idea of a good pub is loud music, slow service, a long beer list, and huge quantities of greasy fried junk, you'll love this place.

If you reread that sentence, you'll see why I give it two stars: it does have a great beer list. Otherwise, it's got nothing going for it but a lot of parking.