“Brilliant once again”

Acitron Cocina Mexicana
Reserve with OpenTable
Acitron Cocina Mexicana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 116 Restaurants in Arlington
Price range: USD 14 - USD 19
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Medford St
Transit: Massachusetts Ave @ Medford St (350, 77, 79) Medford St @ Mass Ave (350, 80) Massachusetts Ave @ Broadway (350, 77, 79)
Description: Acitron Cocina Mexicana, located in lively Arlington center, combines the simplicity of authentic family recipes with fresh, high-quality ingredients to bring diners unparalleled, delectable Mexican cuisine. With a focus on fusing authentic Mexican flavors and classic sauces with local produce, meats and seafood, we are committed to building each dish from scratch to create delicious, healthy fare for our customers. The bar boasts mouthwatering drinks such as margaritas, mojitos and classic tequila cocktails infused with fresh fruit. Our desserts are made in house and include flan, tres leches and warm chocolate tamales with a scoop of Mexican vanilla ice cream.
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

I love this place. The people. The service. The food. We eat here regularly on a Sunday evening, and all of the above are consistently amazing. Queso fundido is blindingly good. Margarita Cadillac knocks it out of the park on taste. The Elote (corn) is a must. A big thank you to the team who run this place.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

I went for my second dinner at Acitron a few days ago, and again found the food to be great and the entire experience fun and relaxing. I enjoy Mexican food in general, but what I really like about this restaurant is that they have some flavors that are very different from other restaurants in New England. On both of my visits the people who served us were knowledgable and helpful in suggesting selections as well as alternatives for my fellow diners (eg for gluten and lactose tolerance issues). And, if all that isn't enough, they have some great weekly specials. A month ago I went with gal pals for Ladies Night (Mondays) and got so much food that I took half home!

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Guacamole for $10 for a small helping! Rice was flavorful but the pinto beans (they don't offer black beans) were bland and the veggies were mostly pepper strips and onions. The chips were okay (still prefer the chips at Border Café)! My Mexican cheese salad was just a bunch of greens with tomatoes and string mozzarella- nothing to write home about, please do not order it!! Maybe Different but very very expensive.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

I probably do Sunday brunch here twice a month with my girlfriend. Dinner when we have a chance. Absolutely delicious! My favorite is the huevos divorciados and my girlfriend is in love with their take on huevos rancheros. They really know how to spice things up right. Their potatoes with spicy aioli on them? CrAzY good!

Heck, even the chips and salsa are great. Thin crispy chips and a perfectly balanced salsa...yum!

It blows us away that there isn't a line down the block for brunch at this place yet. Not that I'm complaining.

The service here is always top notch, and I've been coming here for a couple years now. They are friendly, attentive and helpful. Need a suggestion? They are happy to make great recommendations.

It's really that good people. If you're around Arlington and need some awesome food, you'll be glad you came to Acitron Cocina.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Just delightful and many delicious flavors, perhaps the most creative rrèstateside! There are some more traditional dishes but the range of ways shrimp are used is inspiring. I started with avocado deep fried ins jalapeña batter with a light dipping sauce. I chose a rich treatment of jumbo shrimp with a creamy dark sauce with goat cheese. Another had an adobo sauce. The side was an attractive red rice. And some veggies.
One guest enjoyed an unusual pulled pork dish.Another friend, a vegeterian, really loved a vegetable tamale.
The one weak point seems to be the margaritas which need some help. You might ask for a bit more tequila or cointreau to umphhh up the flavor. We enjoyed a lovely Spanish Albariño with dinner. The service was attentive and delightful.
Seems to be a very popular place. I would certainly reserve on the weekends.