“Excellent bagels, good local breakfast”

The Diner at Bagels By Us
Ranked #4 of 7 Bakeries in Arlington
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

Visiting a friend in Arlington, we had Saturday morning breakfast here. They have both eat in and bagels for carry out. I had two scrambled eggs and a toasted everything bagel. The eggs were fine, the bagel amazing. Friendly (New England friendly) waitress, good coffee, a place populated by regulars. Great stop.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

Their breakfast menu (runs through lunch, I think) is quite good, built on the bagel (although other stuff is there too) -- sausage, egg and cheese are my favorite.

Reviewed 27 August 2015

I just can't get over the fact that this place is named "Bagels by Us", but they don't make the bagels! Maybe they meant "Bagels by U.S." because supposedly they are from NYC. The bagels themselves are pretty good, and the breakfast sandwiches are good. However, the prices are high, significantly higher than any other bagel place. The non-bagel breakfasts are ok, but the prices are high. After visiting several times over the course of a year, I don't go here any more. I don't recommend this place.

Reviewed 18 March 2015

While I enjoy the bagels, other offerings leave a lot to be desired. Although it tries, Bagels by Us is not a diner. The breakfasts are expensive for the quality and quantify served.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We visit the Arlington area a few times a year and every time we're here, it's kind of a tradition to stop here and pick up a dozen fresh bagels and cream cheese. The Mrs. And I find the bagels to be outstanding. The variety is plentiful as is the types of cream cheese you can buy. The people there are very friendly. We've also had breakfast there which was good and yesterday, we had lunch there. Our son had the turkey club and I had the corned beef. No complaints there as both sandwiches were very good. The wife had the beef barley soup, which she didn't like as it was too salty. When the waitres saw that she didn't like the soup, my wife told her it was too salty and she took it off the bill, no questions asked.
The restraunt is clean, the service is good, and they take credit cards. Sunday mornings there's usually a line for bagels. With a place like this conveniently located on Mass ave, why would anyone waste their time or money on prepackaged, frozen supermarket bagels?