“I want to give it mroe than 5 stars!”

Arigato Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 118 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I have been lucky enough to visit many places in the world and many restaurants with different types of cuisine. Hands down this is the nicest Bento Box I have ever tasted! The miso soup was delicious, the tempura crispy and well cooked and the maki just delicious. The chicken teriyaki was well seasoned and just delicious. The waiter was attentive, polite and friendly. I also ordered gyoza which were so so so so so tasty! I wish i had eaten here more. TRY IT OUT YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED! I

1  Thank Squeaks86

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We are locals and have been to Arigato more than a few times now. It definitely gets my vote for best sushi around - and the service has always been very friendly as well.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

My wife and I have a number of go-to restaurants, depending on where we are, and what we are in the mood to eat. One of our tried and true spots is Arigato, a relatively unassuming place smack in the middle of Amherst with very good food, and sparkling fresh sushi. The restaurant offers little by way of atmosphere, and could in a day be transformed into a restaurant of any other nationality. But the food is all high-quality Japanese, from marvelous sushi and sashimi, to udon dishes, tempura, hot pots, and all the classics, age dashi tofu, teriyaki dishes, and much more. In fact, the menu is quite broad, and you can try new dishes for a good long time. Don't expect a sake sommelier. This is not that kind of place. But Arigato is always a treat. This is a neighborhood Japanese restaurant, and a damn good one.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

I really enjoyed my lunch here, and I have been to very good sushi restaurants in many different cities. I ordered spicy tuna and spicy salmon. The service was fast and cordial.
The price was very reasonable. The plates came very nicely presented. Definitely plan to come back before returning home

Reviewed 19 December 2016

This is my daughter's favorite restaurant! I don't like sushi but ordered their rice and shrimp. Plenty of food served but I would have liked the shrimp larger than being so small that you couldn't even see them. Other than that, a pleasant lunch.