“Great Lunch”

Bistro 63
Ranked #5 of 119 Restaurants in Amherst
Price range: USD 4 - USD 22
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Sleek, modern atmosphere with full service bar serving fusion East meets West cuisine. Additional dining room with bar for special events for up to 100 guests. Covered deck for outdoor dining.
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Stopped here while in Amherst visiting my alma mater, UMASS, and then going to Holyoke for work. Was planning to go to Judy's which I remember from my time at UMASS....but saw this just down the street and thought to try it. Loved it. It was quiet during lunch, and I was even sat at a 4 seat table in the window, even thought I was just one. The server was fantastic as was the food. I had the Lobster/corn chowder and then the Seared Tuna Sashimi. Both delicious. I highly recommend this to anyone visiting Amherst.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank L920DZbillb

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Went last night for a girls night, charged a $10 cover, told there was dancing, awful drinks, then told inside that the dance floor only opened when the bar was full (left at 11 bar was never close to full) however they let certain people onto the dance floor and not others. What a rip off and a horrible way to do business.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 15 March 2017

Tried this restaurant only because I purchased a gift certificate through work. I saved it for my birthday dinner. We went in with no expectations. We walked in and the atmosphere was very nice. This is a great place for couples, for friends getting together for drinks, food, etc., a great place for a special occasion, business lunch, it can be both intimate and classy and I'd also go here with my friends for drinks/dinner. I'd say it's not a place for large parities or kids. If you love oysters and appetizers they had some good drink/app specials. I can't eat shellfish so i didn't try that.

Our waiter was Patches, ask him the story of how he got his name when you see him, it was fun and heart warming and he really likes his job. He was warm, calm, friendly, attentive and knew the menu inside and out.

First it started with the drinks, I asked him about a few choices, one being a margarita and said ask the bartender what he really likes to make, his eyes lit up and he said the bartender had just made some mango vodka, so mango margarita it was, and it was delicious. My husband the draft brew drinker was very pleased with the selection.

We decided on the potato croquettes, amazing! We almost licked the plate. Only two but they were a good size, crunchy on the outside creamy on the inside, good flavors of chive, garlic, bacon, served with a somewhat spicy sauce, yum.

Main course: portion size was quite adequate. My husband got their version of Alfredo, which had spinach, sun dried tomatoes, shrimp, chicken and spicy sausage. I got the steak with the Gorgonzola cheese sauce, mashed potatoes and roasted carrots, it was all very good.

Dessert: (well it was my birthday after all so we each got a dessert). I got the special which was a layered coconut cake, very nice. My husband got chocolate monkey tart; chocolate moose, chocolate crumb base, a layer of bananas, homemade whipped cream, both desserts were big enough for two...

I'd go back again. We were both pleasantly surprised.

Date of visit: March 2017
2  Thank Suzy9
Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

All four of us had excellent appetizers. The meals were delicious but a little small . There are a few seats in the front dining room and more in the back, but the ambience in the front is cozier. Check out the days they have oyster appetizer specials. They are delicious and the price is right.

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank Bkingsha
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

My family and friends always enjoy the inviting atmosphere, excellent service and great food at Bistro 63. I have especially enjoyed the pasta dishes, seafood selections and the tasty desserts.

Date of visit: February 2017