“great small bites”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 8 August 2018

all kinds o teaf rolls , not really maki but a fusion of Chinese, Japanese, and Thai. Great tea and great for vegetarians

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

The food here is good but the dining experience has been ruined on my last two visits (both this month) by poor timing and very poor coordination of service. On the first trip, we ordered a pitcher of sangria and two meals. Our meals were delivered and completed before the sangria arrived! At the point, the pleasure of a nice drink or two with a meal had passed and in full stomachs we had a full pitcher of drinks. On the second visit, the meal of my companion arrived and then we waited another 30 minutes before my meal arrived. I let him eat and then eventually had my meal boxed up to go. But people go out to eat together to eat together.

Simple things waitstaff should know 1) Drinks before meals and 2) deliver the parties meals all together. Anyone who has eaten out knows these basics. Nothing was comped and nothing was offered in exchange for the poor dining experience on either iccasion. I don’t recommend eating here unless you are prepared for a less than ideal experience.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 28 May 2018

There isn’t an extensive menu here but the food is okay if you loke very healthy foods. The portions were small as well.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 25 March 2018

My son took us to Fresh Side. He bragged about the teas and suggested we should try something different. My first impression was how kind the staff was and how cozy it looked. It is a small place, and they cut corners without fancy tables or expensive decor to bring you quality food.

I don’t really like tea, but we shared a pot anyway. I ordered a beef dish with broccoli and rice and the amount of beef was too much to finish. The food was clean and cooked well.

For the first time I tried a tea roll. We ordered a cold roast beef, and honestly, it wasn’t anything more than a glorified baby roast beef sub. I would definitely try something more unusual in my tea roll next time. My husband ordered the lentil soup and bragged about it.

I would absolutely return to this restaurant. The food is presented with care, as if you are visiting someone’s home. My only complaint is that there does not seem to be a website or menu online for me to further identify the dishes we enjoyed that evening.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Fresh Side is the best vegan food in Amherst for sure. There’s a separate vegan menu and every single thing on it is so delicious, and the portions are really big. It’s affordable and good comes out quickly. I love the pad Thai!

Date of visit: April 2017