“Cozy, friendly and kind staff-great place for something different”
Review of Fresh Side Cafe

Fresh Side Cafe
Ranked #28 of 118 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 25 March 2018

My son took us to Fresh Side. He bragged about the teas and suggested we should try something different. My first impression was how kind the staff was and how cozy it looked. It is a small place, and they cut corners without fancy tables or expensive decor to bring you quality food.

I don’t really like tea, but we shared a pot anyway. I ordered a beef dish with broccoli and rice and the amount of beef was too much to finish. The food was clean and cooked well.

For the first time I tried a tea roll. We ordered a cold roast beef, and honestly, it wasn’t anything more than a glorified baby roast beef sub. I would definitely try something more unusual in my tea roll next time. My husband ordered the lentil soup and bragged about it.

I would absolutely return to this restaurant. The food is presented with care, as if you are visiting someone’s home. My only complaint is that there does not seem to be a website or menu online for me to further identify the dishes we enjoyed that evening.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Fresh Side is the best vegan food in Amherst for sure. There’s a separate vegan menu and every single thing on it is so delicious, and the portions are really big. It’s affordable and good comes out quickly. I love the pad Thai!

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

We return to this restaurant often because the food is always delicious. The service is very efficient and the menu has a large variety of Thai dishes. They also serve very aromatic hot and iced teas. It is a pleasure to visit this establishment.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

I have been there multiple times for dinner and we always enjoyed their food and service. A specialty of theirs is the tea-rolls, which they serve with a variety of filling-choices. Last time I ate a salad and was a little disappointed as it seemed to not be as fresh and pretty expensive for its size... nevertheless, I would return and will order another dish next time.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

A wonderful gem of Amherst, Fresh Side has remained one of the few long operating restaurants in Amherst, which says a lot. The owner has her own unique take on Vietnamese. The food is simple and fresh, lots of veggies. Her chicken curry soup ls wonderful and there's a wide assortment of tea rolls (fresh spring rolls). We love the chicken pad thai rolls and the basic Vietnamese roll, and the basil leaf roll. The owner recently expanded with a liquor license as well.