“A terrific Salvadoran Restaurant”
Review of El Comalito

El Comalito
Ranked #21 of 118 Restaurants in Amherst
Reviewed 7 August 2018

This restaurant is really worth a visit. There are Salvadoran specialties and traditional Mexican food. One of my favorites is the Avocado Burrito! But the best thing of all are the pupusas! These are hard to describe - kind of like a pita bread, but much better and made right when you order them. They are filled with cheese, meat, etc. You decide. Sometimes I just get these for my meal. They come in three's.
The restaurant has been continually upgraded and is really pretty! It's very clean and the service is good!

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

El Comatilo is a great little spot that I was lucky to stumble upon. It is hidden just off the main road behind a convenience store. I actually missed it and was rerouted by my GPS, so keep your eyes open when approaching.

The staff was friendly and the the location was clean and appropriately decorated. There is ample parking as well.

The food was traditional and they offered both Mexican dishes and food from El Salvador. The meal presentation was no frills, but everything tasted amazing! We had burritos, one veggie, one chicken and avocado, and were both left satisfied and full!!

We will definitely return next time we are in the area. Give it a shot if you are looking for a filling, delicious meal!

1  Thank Shnoogie
Reviewed 30 April 2018

I go here periodically to eat and each time I come away truly satisfied. The food, the atmosphere and the service are second to none. Today I had a pulled pork burrito which I purchased "to go" -- it was excellent!

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I love this place and the family that runs it. Has this new burrito on recommendation and it was perfect. Had it again a couple days later. Never had anything bad. Fun watching the place grow.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Papusas that people seem to rave about - just OK. We tried a few different ones. They aren't bad either, but just don't live up to the hype. A bit bland, no matter what it was filled with.
Enchiladas were good. No complaints. Thumbs up.
The fish tacos were not good. Perhaps there is some kind of spice I've never had before, but it literally tasted like dirt. Or maybe they didn't wash the lettuce too well.
We didn't get any drinks, but looking at the menu, a bit pricy for this type of place.
A decent menu of items to choose from.
Clean. Small - a dozen tables or so.
Quick service and nice staff.
Water is certainly unfiltered or right out of the faucet.
We might give it another try, and see if the burritos are good for take out.