“Quality Food-Super Atmosphere”
Review of 30Boltwood

30Boltwood
Reserve with OpenTable
30Boltwood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 119 Restaurants in Amherst
Price range: USD 30 - USD 50
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spring Street
Description: 30Boltwood delivers an intimate yet unassuming dining experience in historic Amherst, MA. Simply prepared meals crafted by Chef Dino and inspired by the abundance of locally-sourced ingredients. 30Boltwood is a gathering place where old friends and new acquaintances quietly sip cocktails by the fire and celebrate all that is great about food, drink and camaraderie.
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Had dinner with business colleagues and it was solid indeed.

Wine list had some surprising wines by the glass including some CA selections you rarely see BTG (think big cabs, Stags Leap etc.). I enjoyed the Cotes du Rhône which paired nicely with the salmon I ordered as an entree. Dessert wines looked promising.

So about the salmon dish. Overall good with a nice crispy skin side. I felt the couscous was a little over-seasoned and the the dish would’ve been better with a little less caviar on top. Caviar was delicious, but a little over powering when it blended with the couscous. Did I mention the green beans yet? No? They were the stars of the dish. Sweet and cooked perfectly. Where in the world did the chef find these out of season beauties?!

Great spot. I recommend if you want a fine dining experience in Amherst.

Date of visit: May 2018
WHGGuestService, Manager at 30Boltwood, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear FLReisender,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a detailed review. We greatly appreciate customer feedback and are always looking for ways to improve. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our wide selection of wine. It is important for us to have several options for all our customer preferences, and it allows customers the ability to pair a wine nicely with any entree. I will make sure to pass on your constructive feedback to our chef. We'll keep our green bean supplier a secret to make sure you keep coming back ;)

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Thanks,

Reviewed 17 May 2018

We booked The Greenhouse Room at 30 Boltwood - inside The Lord Jeffery Inn for a UMASS Graduation Celebration with family and friends in May 2018. A 5-star experience for sure! Elegant, well-lit, lovely setting. Completely unique delicious food, organized and detailed management (thank you Jeremy!), attentive, professional and friendly waitstaff (thank you Rachel!) and the chefs worked with me to accommodate requests from the guests that included gluten and lactose allergies, as well as vegetarian menu choices. We enjoyed drinks, appetizers, dinner and dessert for 16 people - all in a setting that was relaxed, warm, friendly, sophisticated and just right. Truly a highlight of the day!

Date of visit: May 2018

Dear MLisa7777,

Graduation is a wonderful time to celebrate! We appreciate you celebrating with us and are glad we were able to meet your expectations. Our employees work tirelessly to make sure all the details are carried out, so I'll make sure to pass along the kind words. As you mentioned, our chefs at 30Boltwood are able to accommodate and cater to specific dietary restrictions, so you are always in great hands.

Congratulations to the graduate!

Reviewed 1 May 2018

We shared dinner with friends in late April. The hummus appetizer was amazing, my arugula salad delicious (with strawberries), and the 3 other entrees were good. My Eggplant Napoleon was good but could have been better, with more spices and thinner slices of eggplant. Shared an amazing Cabernet--Concannon Paso Robles, 2014. A bit pricey but worth it.

Dear annwturner,

Thanks to you and your friends for coming in for dinner! I'm glad you all enjoyed your entrees. We also greatly appreciate your feedback on the Eggplant Napoleon. Our chefs are always open to constructive feedback, and I'll make sure to pass it along to them.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Changed 3 course dinner not for the better. Entree went from skirt steak to inedible tough London broil. Dessert choice went from cake to ice cream. 8 oz. pour not even close. Even for charity not a $45 meal.

Date of visit: April 2018
WHGGuestService, Manager at 30Boltwood, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear Anne G,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience and for joining us for our Earth Day 3-Course fundraising dinner. I am saddened that you did not enjoy yourself.

We have a deep commitment to the environment and remain dedicated to sourcing from local purveyors and supporting local farmers. These commitments influence our menus, and as such, we are regularly making changes, including prix fixe offerings. Although we didn’t serve London Broil for that menu, I apologize that our steak nevertheless left an impression of a lesser quality cut. I would also like to apologize that our locally sourced ice cream option in lien of our originally planned mousse didn’t hit the mark. Lastly, although our wine pours are carafe-measured, however, I apologize if your pour didn’t match expectations and what you were charged for.

Again, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I hope your experience will not prevent you from dining with us again in the future.

Jeremy Bonios
Restaurant Manager

Reviewed 12 April 2018

I had dinner at 30Boltwood with a group of people for a work event. We sat at a long table, thus while it wasn't possible to converse with everyone attending, it was very comfortable and good for small conversations. The food was very good and the waitstaff excellent. I have no idea the cost, as I wasn't paying, but I imagine it was not a cheap meal by any stretch. Desserts were delicious, too.

Date of visit: April 2018
WHGGuestService, Manager at 30Boltwood, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear sallygore,

It was a pleasure hosting your work event! Our 8,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor space can accommodate several different business functions, conferences, and board meetings. We are glad to hear the food and customer service provided met your expectations!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!